Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is the deal. i had been shooting my old alpine rebel for about 6 years and so i finally broke down and bought a martin phantom II magnum. it has the tru arc cams. i was out shooting sunday and, well its hard to say exactly what happened, but i don't think it was a full dry -fire. meaning i did have an aroow on the string but as i pulled back to full draw i heard a smack and my arm and bow made a huge lurch forward. looking down my release was still on my loop, but the string was off both cams. i never saw what happened to the arrow. my brother and some guys we shoot with looked at it and could find no "external" damage at all, i put the string back on and drew the bow back and had them check to see if the cams swung true still. they said it all looked straight and normal so i proceeded to sight it back in. it sighted in fine, at least as fine as you can shoot after that happened!!! but i am still able to get very good groups. the string leaches were gone. the string appears ok there is one very small piece that kind of looks like a fray, but it was where a stinrg leach was.

so what happened to my bow? string damage? what should i do? i did have limbsavers on (two on each limb) plus other dampening accesories. any help would be greatly appreciated. also any info comments anyopne has on these martin phantom II magnums would be appreciated. thank you in advance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

anyone home? sorry to sound im patient but i got a free afternoon from work and hunting season is very very close and i am chomping at the bit to get this figured out.

·
32,712 Posts
That is weird, I'd be afraid to pull it back again. Anyway, I have a Martin Phantom myself and it is a very accurate bow. I've shot my best score with it. I shot a 296 with the darn thing, it's just a good bow, but my delimma is I've got a Hoyt Protec and a Old Glory now and the Martin stays on the rack.

·
Registered
613 Posts
wyo-look at the bottom cam make sure the cam is not broken where the bearing is pressed into the cam I have replaced two of them one threw the string the other one did not one was a cougar the other was a phantom.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I just got your other thread, and while you are probably fine, PM Crackers and ask him. With hunting season so close it would be worth the money to send it to him for a proper inspection/tuning.

Now you know why I want a second bow to use as a back-up, but my wife always saw me shooting just one and made me sell the extra. :eek:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good news

i just got back from the local shop. he said he could find nothing at all wrong with anything even the string! he did order a axle and bushing set to put on next week, mainly because of my worries he said. so i am thankful for small miracles. thank you for your advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts