Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never shot this bow, but from what it looks like, they seem like pretty nice bows. Do any of you guys shoot this bow? And if so, how do you like it and what kind of speeds are you getting?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I own the Silencer. I think it is a gem. One of the 2011 bows that you don't hear much about, but is one of the better bows out there. You get a lot of bang for your buck with the price you can get them for. Some people have had issues with the TRG/SOS system on the bow because the company that makes them for Martin made some that were defective so Martin will send you a cable rod and slide if you are having issues with the TRG. I currently have had no issues with the TRG/SOS. I just make sure that the cables that pass through the TRG are waxed properly and well maintained. But this Silencer is fast, quiet, shock free, has a great back wall and falls into the valley very nicely. It is also very accurate. The best speeds that I got from the bow were 304 FPS with a 434 grain arrow pulling 72 lbs and drawing 30". I only have a peep and a DL on the string. I had a buddy shoot it and I could not believe how quiet the bow was. I mean a bow always sounds louder to the shooter because you are so close to the bow, but when he shot my bow I was literally thinking, "wow, I didn't know that was whisper quiet." If you do get one, just make sure it is all properly tuned and all of that jazz. Best of luck to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts