Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching the martin slayer extreme for my next bow I have heard some neg comment about the grip any input would be helpfull thank you

·
Registered
500 Posts
Grips ?

Maybe you should tell the negatives you have heard.Every grip fits each individual differently, and personally I like the narrow grip of the Martin, very comfortable.

·
Michigander R.I.P.
5,493 Posts
The leather wrapped grip is really sweet. I thought it was one of the best new ideas for 2006 bows

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have the Slayer Extreme as well as other Martin models. I have grown rather partial to the Slayer due to its great balance and feel in my hand. You have a choice of grips. I know you can find the proper grip that will best fit your hand and feel for the bow.
Rest assured the Slayer is great bow to shoot.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I agree, I really like the leather wrapped grip rather than grabbing cold metal in the early morning. Its also very easy to set in your hand consistently without any torque.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Grip

The Slayr had a 23 degree grip angle.
The new model Slayer Extreme has a 17 degree grip angle.

I have not shot the new Extreme (but I drew one back).
To me it holds real nice with the 17 degree.
It seems like a very nice bow.

Like others said (it's a personal choice) you need to find what feels good to you.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, what makes a good shooting grip and a good feeling grip is questionable. I really hate the Mathews grip. It is quite simply a personal thing. I have the Thermo grip II on both my Slayer Extreme and C4 SE. I think, they are great. I like to feel the position of the grip and never could with a Mathews.

I have owned several other bows. The Pearson, I had was too big and rounded. The '04 BowTech's I owned the same. I have a couple of Shrewd type of grips on the Mathews and BowTechs. Hoyts grips feel on the small side as well as PSE's. I like the Martin grip and will be a little upset with them if they change. The is one of the reasons I did go with a Rytera instead. If you like the others, you might like a Rytera better.

Basically, different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you to all for the info I don't realy have option to try one closest dealer is about 50 miles and he is small does not stock slayer He is going to order it for me I am buying it blind. I shoot a darton now and did not like the small grip at first but I got used to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts