Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know the value of a near mint Martin/Damon Howatt Super Diablo recurve 60#@28". A bit too heavy for me. Any info would be appreciated.

John

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Is this the one you're asking about? If so then here's my experience. I originally got mine with 30# limbs. The string was crap. It stretched enough over the first week that the brace height dropped almost an inch. Had to add a total of 45 twists to get the brace height back to 7". I replaced it with a BSD string made of Trophy material and all was well. After a few months the upper limb twisted. I called Joel at Martin and he sent me new new ones in 35#, which I requested. After two years the bottom limb delaminated at the butt end. I set the bow aside and will not get new Martin limbs. One of these days I'll take a trip to Lancaster and see what other brand of limbs will fit it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, my Martin/Damon Howatt Super Diablo is a one piece recurve, made over 30 years ago, beautiful woods. I have decided to keep it as it is one beautiful bow. New Martin SD are $695. It kinda looks like the Martin Hunter of today which is $640. Waiting the arrival of a New Martin Mamba 50#@28 58" bow got at a great price of $300.

Thanks for your reply.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts