Archery Talk Forum banner

Martin vs Other Brands (Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech)??

8728 6
I have been the satisfied owner of a Martin Compound bow for 7 years and am considering the purchase of a new bow this year.

I'd like to know where the archery community thinks Martin products rank vs others (Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, etc) as I am considering all brands at the moment.

Many Thanks.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,183 Posts
I have no brand preference at all, just preference on what feels right and shoots well. Martin has some great bows for great prices, and they have been making them for longer than most, so there's no harm in staying loyal if you want. It's not like the company has been putting out junk since your last bow, if that's what you're getting at.

Try as many bows as you can, don't automatically eliminate any brand without shooting it first.

· Registered
12,196 Posts
I'm the exact same way -- no brand preference. I look for certain characteristics -- speed, ATA, brace height, and go from there. When shopping for a bow a few weeks ago, I shot offerings from Martin (Firecat), Mathews (Reezen), Hoyt (AlphaMax 32 and Ultra Elite), and Bowtech (Admiral and 101st Airborne), and ultimately settled on the Hoyt Ultra Elite. That's after shooting an early/mid 90s Martin Pantera for about 6-7 years. I like Martin as a company, though, and I'm still erked that they got rid of the Cougar line, which I thought was a great multipurpose bow.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...I'm not opposed to the purchase of another Martin, but I'm not necessarily brand loyal - as I want the best bow (that feels & shoots great) & that I can afford.

However, my Martin has been really good to me and am curious if, over the years, they have maintained the production of great bows (as I have not been paying much attention), and curious about opinions of current martin bows (firecat, firehawk, MOAB)

I have been looking at say, the Firecat, the AM32, the Bowtech Admiral....just want opinions from others...

· Registered
9,278 Posts
Martin makes a fairly solid product and typically are more affordable then the top end bows. It doesn't neccessarily make the bow better or worse. Similar to top end cars. Slap a Cadillac logo on a Chevy Avalanche and PRESTO! you got an Escalade...or do you. :tinfoil3:

· Registered
6,815 Posts
martin makes some great target bows that i really like, if they offered contingency money i would sure give them a whirl...i'm a fan of their shoot thru system!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.