Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my birth day is coming up and i was planning on getting a new bow.
i went to the local shop to day and shot two bows.
i shot the pse firestorme lite and the new martin bengal
they are both really good bows so i have herd
the martin is shooting 68lbs and shooting 310fps
the pse is 60lbs and 300fps but has a little more shock than the martin
what is your opinion?

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
martin hands down.

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
Martin
I think your speeds are a lot over rated for both since you gave the IBO speeds both are advertised with but not 70lbs.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
My vote goes to Martin Bengal.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, I am not going to really comment on the shooting qualities of the bows. I haven't shot either one. Martin is a very good company to deal with and I know that personally. I have also heard a lot of good things about PSE over the years also. The only thing, I have disliked about the PSE's I have shot, is the grip size and the hand shock. Again, I haven't shot either of these bow. All of this is my personal feeling on PSE's. Many people like a Mathews grip, I don't, again it is a personal feeling.

There are a lot of good features about Martins' which many people don't consider. When I bought my Cougar they sent me all available draw modules for the various lengths. and the Dyna-cam can be adjusted 1/2" either way of the draw lengh module. Martin's also have a 15 lb adjustment range on poundage. Another basically unknown feature is you don't need a bow press to work on a Martin. You can turn out the limb bolts enough to remove the string. I have a press, so I don't do this, it takes more time. But, if I need to and didn't have a press, I could.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
careful, this is a big martin supported site. if you went to pse's site and ask same question you'll get totally different answers than you have so far here. main thing is find which one suits you best. both bows will do the trick. good luck.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
lefty1 said:
careful, this is a big martin supported site. if you went to pse's site and ask same question you'll get totally different answers than you have so far here. main thing is find which one suits you best. both bows will do the trick. good luck.

Just wondering? Have you shot either of these bows? I have and I can honestly say for sure the Bengal is, smoother, faster, and with less hand shock. I really dont feel that is an opinion but a fact.:wink:

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
stehawk said:
Just wondering? Have you shot either of these bows? I have and I can honestly say for sure the Bengal is, smoother, faster, and with less hand shock. I really dont feel that is an opinion but a fact.:wink:
I believe I said both bows will do the trick, I noticed the poster had limited number of post. just thought I'd let him know what the deal is on here. by the way i'm going to a ford dealer tomorrow and seeing if they can tell me about the newest chevy's:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Buy the Bengal.
I don't belive I'm that biased,I've owned bows from both companys an simply got better service from Martin.
Plus I belive the Bengal is a more up to date bow than the PSE.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
lefty1 said:
I believe I said both bows will do the trick, I noticed the poster had limited number of post. just thought I'd let him know what the deal is on here. by the way i'm going to a ford dealer tomorrow and seeing if they can tell me about the newest chevy's:rolleyes:
Just a heads up that not everybody is as dishonest as you might think.
I currently own bows from 4 different manufactures,cars from 2,motorcycles from 2,an rifles from 3.
If somebody asks me which is best,I tell them what I belive is the truth.
So "the deal" is not quite what you make it out to be.
Thanks for the insult.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
Jack NZ said:
Just a heads up that not everybody is as dishonest as you might think.
I currently own bows from 4 different manufactures,cars from 2,motorcycles from 2,an rifles from 3.
If somebody asks me which is best,I tell them what I belive is the truth.
So "the deal" is not quite what you make it out to be.
Thanks for the insult.
didn't say dishonest. I would expect people who have a martin avatar or help sponsor this site to say MARTIN, all I was trying to say was this was martin sided on this particular question on this particular site. go to mathews and ask about a comparison to hoyt. what do you think the answer will be? reverse same question on hoyt site. what do you think answer will be? the only insult is you trying to act like you don't know what i'm saying.

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
Who in this thread is a sponsor? Do you think if the question was between Darton or Bowtech and Martin that Darton or Bowtech (who are sponsors) would say Martin???

I admit that I'm biased towards Martin, there is a reason for that.
One of my bows does wear a PSE brand and I used to want a PSE compound (Baby G).
I haven't shot the Firestorm, I have a Bengal. I can look at the differences and take an educated guess on which is better for the money.

The opinion I gave reflects my experience with the Bengal and my educated guess about the Firestorm.
What I said about the speeds is absolutely true, those aren't the speeds for either bow at 68 and 60lbs.

This site is not lop sided towards Martin. Every poll has shown that.
Martin has a forum that is like those other branded forums, this is not it. This forum is Archers Helping Archers.

·
Registered
40,174 Posts
I dont currently own either but purely from past experience I would go with the martin customer service has been outstanding and the bows aint bad either :wink:

·
Registered
685 Posts
PSE v Martin

Dude go for the newer model in the Martin, After all the problems a family friend who owns(well owned till it burnt last week ) a bow shop had and PSE treatment was horrible. They would call for warranty parts, had sold bows and even registered the bows them selfs and I guess after going round and round on a top line PSE Target bow that had broken parts and was still produced new he gave up and looked around and got into Parker and kept his Boteh/Diamond line or the other way around anyway he doesnt consider him self a PSE dealer anymore but still helps his customers some, well till he had a stroke about week before shop burnt.
PSE=Point -shoot-explode.
I have a Switchabck XT and a Parker Buck Hunter and if I ever sell my Parker, great bow just need to liquidate a bow, I am gonna try a Bengal as a backup bow.
Good luck

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
lefty1 said:
What the deal is on here.? OK lets say let him go post his question on the Mathews site and ask what everyone thinks about the two bows in question. I still say the Bengal will have a much higher evaluation rating. :wink: If the question that was posed compared some other bows my answer would have been different. I'll even ask my question again---- Have you shot either of these bows? If you haven't you really can't even answer his question:eek: :rolleyes: I call'um like I see um--- too bad that upsets you so much.:confused: This forum is much better than most you see and you'll get alot of good opinions. But, just like yours -- its your opinion and you're welcome to it--- my still says the Bengal is the best deal.:) :darkbeer:

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
stehawk said:
What the deal is on here.? OK lets say let him go post his question on the Mathews site and ask what everyone thinks about the two bows in question. I still say the Bengal will have a much higher evaluation rating. :wink: If the question that was posed compared some other bows my answer would have been different. I'll even ask my question again---- Have you shot either of these bows? If you haven't you really can't even answer his question:eek: :rolleyes: I call'um like I see um--- too bad that upsets you so much.:confused: This forum is much better than most you see and you'll get alot of good opinions. But, just like yours -- its your opinion and you're welcome to it--- my still says the Bengal is the best deal.:) :darkbeer:
i'm sure if he went to the mathews site and ask about a switchback compared to any other model he would get all kinds of positive comments on the switchback. just like anyone who comes on here and ask about a martin compared to anything else it's going to be all positive about the martin. M4L YOU KNOW::wink: not saying anything is wrong with that, i'm just making sure the poster was aware.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
lefty1 said:
i'm sure if he went to the mathews site and ask about a switchback compared to any other model he would get all kinds of positive comments on the switchback. just like anyone who comes on here and ask about a martin compared to anything else it's going to be all positive about the martin. M4L YOU KNOW::wink: not saying anything is wrong with that, i'm just making sure the poster was aware.

I understand what you're saying. Now, if its really important to him or yourself then please go post it on the Mathews forum about these two bows and let the mathews people give you a comparison. I'll still lay money on the Bengal.:tongue: :wink: :darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts