Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to bowhunting and have a chance to buy a used reflex buckskin or a martin phantom mag II for around $300each. Both are 2004 and in good shape. Which is the better bow? I will use the bow in a treestand for deer.
Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
193 Posts

IMO, I would have to say the Martin. Mostly because i shoot one. If you get the chance to shoot them have at it. If the reflex feels better get it or if the martin feels better shoot it. You cant go wrong with a bow that feels great in your hand. Good luck with picking one out.

·
32,713 Posts
Jeremy Loop said:
IMO, I would have to say the Martin. Mostly because i shoot one. If you get the chance to shoot them have at it. If the reflex feels better get it or if the martin feels better shoot it. You cant go wrong with a bow that feels great in your hand. Good luck with picking one out.
I have to agree on this one, the Martin Phantom is a very accurate bow. I have one decked out with TR equipment and it shoots bullseyes with uncanny consistancy. Mine is set at 61lbs and if I hadn't bought two newer bows, the Martin would be my hunting and 3-D bow. Go with the Phantom!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
One more vote for the Phantom...specialy if it's fitted with the Nitrous x.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Martin!

I feel the Martin is the better bow. I was deciding the Phantom and the Prowlerand went with the Prowler because it felt better to me. Try both and go with the one that feels better to you. I bet it will be the phantom. Good luck with your decision!

Dan

·
Registered
310 Posts
Go with whatever feels best to you. If the martin feels better get that if not then go with the reflex, it you buy a reflex your really getting a hoyt. All hoyt does is take there worst selling bow of that year and make it a reflex model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts