Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was almost going to drop my cash for an older Martin Hunter. But I plunked it down on a new Martin X-200. Very happy I did. I love the thin grip and the bow shoots very well. Once I put beaver balls on the string, the bow went dead silent. The other reason I went for the X-200 was the shop selling the Hunter kept changing the price on me. So I drifted over to another store saw the X-200, and I'm so glad I did. This is more than a beginers bow to me. I won't have any problem going hunting with this bow.

·
Registered
789 Posts
my first recurve was a martin X200, a good bow that will do it all!! actually you cannot go wrong with any martin bow..

·
The Foam Collector
2,323 Posts
I just bought one this week while on vacation in SC. Mine is pretty loud TWANG compared to my old Bear Tigercat. What exactly are beaver balls and do I have to castrate a beaver to get them?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
green river - shoot your bow and adjust your brace height to find the quitest spot - eash bow has a "sweet" spot it likes - once you find it -write it down so you remember - then you can add Silencers (balls). there are several to choose from - look at 3 Rivers Archery under silencers to see different selections

You like you x-200 because it's a Martin

go shoot and have some fun

·
Registered
76,751 Posts
I'm definitely with rraming on the "You like you x-200 because it's a Martin
go shoot and have some fun"

Martin makes great bows considering they are about as mainstream a company you can find, and have never abandoned their traditional bow line, which I'm told are about as close to a handmade bow as you will find, although with a predispositioned weight range rather than custom.

Aloha.... :cool: :beer:

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
i like my x200 alot, it is only 40 lbs, little light for serious hunting and 3d imo, it is a smooth shooter for sure though.....

·
Registered
815 Posts
Congrats, Teucer! Martin makes some very nice bows! All the best with it! BTW... don't let anyone tell you Martin is a "production" bow. All Martin traditional bows are made by hand. Not one is exactly alike.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Martin X200

I just loved mine for years until I drove over it after a 3D shoot( ugh swear stomp etc etc.) It is a great bow and IMHO not just a beginner bow. The new ones have a much narrower grip which I think is a great improvement. I slowly cut down the arrow shelf as I found that it bothered arrow flight too much stock. I also used a match stick both under the arrow and vertically up the arrow plate. I also filed a left forefinger grove in the bow for consistent hand placement. I did find it somewhat noisey though and took some playing around to make it quiet.
Have a great time with your X200

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Ok I have to admit I guess I wouldn't know a good recurve from a bad one, but I love my x200.

·
saskarcher
5,124 Posts
my wife won the Canadian National Championships 4 years in a row with a 40# X200. and she regularly comes in 2nd at our local shoots ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts