Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
LOL
There are employees or Martin Archery here.

I shoot a Phantom II and love it.
Before that I had a old style Prowler/Lynx and liked it enough to buy the new Phantom II. I wouldn't say I loved that one, it was more a love hate relationship. But most of the problem was because of Bass Pro's incompetence.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love my bow. It shoots very well with no hand shock and is dead quiet, but I do have alot of accessories on a great bow to make it even better.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My other bow is a Martin Shadowcat. It's a great bow, short, quiet, and forgiving. :teeth:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I like Mrtin bows

Thats why I have a Martin Rage, Scepter II, Cougar 2000, MV2, and RazorX

Rick Krystof

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Martin is great

I have had a Panther, Bengal, Rage, Slayer, Fury, Scepter II, Scepter III.
All have been great. Some have been shot for 6 years or more no problem.

Yes, I have owned three other brand bows (Not saying what ones). One was really old school. One had to be taken apart and lube limb pockets every few months. One bow the riser snapped in half.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
You know this is a Martin sponsored site, yet every bow poll done here on what bows people are shooting Martin isn't even close. Kinda funny. I know there are Martin shooters here but they are outnumbered by at least 10/1.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Martin Shooter

Doesn't matter to me who sponsors what or how many others shoot what either. I have a Phantom II Magnum and quite pleased. Short, quiet, fast enough for my purposes, which is only hunting. Added a few accessories, and switched to a Berry 452X string/cable set. I have read other's comments about other bows, and I've checked them all. I'm also a gun nut and have a lot of them, so I'm not shy about checking out different brands. But so far, I can't seem to justify buying another bow since this one completely fills the bill. :beer:

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I own a cougar 111 N-X A base, cougar 2000 converted N-X a base cams , jaguar Z cams, phantom 11 z-cams , phantom fuzion, cheetah unicam , all great shooters !

·
Registered
122 Posts
martin or mathew lx ?

Hello everyone,
I have been shooting a Hoyt Proelite for a couple of years and now I'am at the cross roads between a mathews LX or a Martin. I hoot with a release and like how the cam and 1/2 work. For those who don't know when you anchor you get to a wall and I like how I have to pull against the wall to get my shot off right. Now on the other hand I like how the mathews LX shoots, It's smooth ,quite and on point. I would like to make another investment in a bow but don't know which on to get. Any suggestions?
thanks

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I love my Martin's (Scepter3 and ShadowCat), Barnsdale and Coyote, all great bows
All equipped with 3-Track shoot through cams (NitrousX, TriStar and Wedel) :thumbs_up

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have a cougar III and it shoots like a dream.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
I got 2 cougar3's, one black nickle one platinum. Both are incredibly beautiful bows, and also shoot amazing.

I don't see myself changing brands in the near future.... these bows shoot great!

·
Registered
804 Posts
I shoot a Cougar III, with Nitrus C cams, for my hunting bow and a Mathews LX for my 3D and Target setup, however I wouldn't hesitate to use my Cougar in placement of the LX.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Slayr

I use a Slayr with nitrous cams for hunting. One of the best bows, if not the best bow I've ever owned. Shoots like a dream.

·
32,711 Posts
Funny thing is, Martin claims to have the most accurate bow on the market! Guess what bow I shot my best score (296) ever with? Bowtech OG, Hoyt Protec, or Martin Phantom 11?..........yep the Martin Phantom 11. It is one accurate bow!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I always liked what Martin had to offer!

I finally finnished paying for everything and raising my kids...with some spine surgeries and shoulder problems...I was faced with putting down my old...and I mean old...!!! and heavy old equipment!

I was eligible as a disabled USNavy vet to use a crosbow...but that seems just too ackward and heavy also...

SO AFTER LOOKING and LOOKING...I finally found a nice small lightwieght compound~~~~~~~~~~~WITH PERFECT BALANCE!!!

It is very hard to find any SG store anywhere that stocks a reasonable DW bow for a young person/women/handicapped person!

Thanks to GANDER MOUNTAIN I was able to try out a MARTIN COUGAR III in a 45#-60# DW!!!

I finally have my long desired MARTIN BOW!!!!...I took it out on Sunday and spent 3 hours sighting in and just shooting...and another 2 hours yesterday!

I am having a lil prob with some noise~~~any advise?

The only thing I have added is a site/peep/string loop/SHAKY D-A rest/rope wrist sling.

shooting easton Axis w/100gr heads.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts