Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if so how would it stack up to a ross-331? smooth draw compared to the ross? i mostly hunt and practice alot, 28 inch draw at 56 lbs. what kind of speed might i get with a martin with around a 325 grain arrow or better yet lets make it a 336 grain arrow.i thought i was sold on a new ross bow but i like the looks of the martin and if they have a single cam ,that just made it more interesting.i know martin has been around for a long time.no peeing match intended here ,just want to gather all the info. i can before buying.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
i have lots of martins and even a bowtech. i still hunt with a phantom 2 mag with fuzzion cam. single cam martins are easy to draw hold but the wall is not solid (my opinion). simple is better so thats what i hunt with. i dont want to compition shoot from my stand or blind so the smooth draw and more important smooth let down of singles keeps me hunting with them

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
Dyna cam is the one that is presently out.
M-Pro is soon to replace it and is on the Bengals right now. It is very smooth, I add about 5 lbs of draw weight on my Bengal over my Phantom II Dyna.

Speed depends on which bow.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Bengal

Bengal is awesome, feels as smooth asa single cam Fred Bear at MC Sports, I still like my XT but if I had to choose I would go with the Bengal over the Ross,, Ididnt like the riser dynamics and it really felt top heavy, with a larger stab it felt heavy to me (the Ross) but dont get me wrong they all shoot great.
If I had to decide (money aside)my personal preference is a Mathew Switchback XT but it fit me and several others out their would like the Ross and same number would pick the Martin.
For a close second (and thats if I can modify the grip as Idont like rubber grips)I would buy the Bengal ad if I rememeber it is couple hundered less too!
shoot a bunch then decide.
JMHO

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
The Bengal is a single cam. I haven't seen one, but I would imagine it is a very good bow. I have a Cougar 4 SE with the Dyna-Cam on it. It is a very good and smooth cam and I think the wall is fairly solid on it. I haven't really felt it wasn't. One of the things I like about the Cougar was it cam with all the cam modules inclueded. The modules are available in either 65% or 75%. Each module is in even draw lengths. Three positions pins on the cam allow the length to be adjusted 1/2" up or down from the module setting without loosing any let-off. Another benefit of shooting Martins is, they have a draw weight range of 15 lbs and can be disassembled without a press.

I shoot a very heavy arrow about 450 gr with 58# and 30" draw. I am getting about 250 fps. I would guess, your arrow would be in the 270ish or better.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
I shot a bengal at a 3d shoot. For $400 (even if it was more) it is definitely a bow I would consider, it shot great and it was 2 inches long on me so would have felt even better

·
74,535 Posts
Martin Cougar

With one cam is very smooth and priced right.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
I've been very impressed with my Bengal. For $200 less than most of it's competition my tight wallet won't even let me consider any other short ATA bow. The Ross is nice, but not $200 nicer.

·
Banned
8,373 Posts
Myk said:
Dyna cam is the one that is presently out.
M-Pro is soon to replace it and is on the Bengals right now. It is very smooth, I add about 5 lbs of draw weight on my Bengal over my Phantom II Dyna.

Speed depends on which bow.
Who said we were replacing the Dyna cam? It's not going anywhere.

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
Joel C said:
Who said we were replacing the Dyna cam? It's not going anywhere.
I thought you did in the thread that no longer exists. I guess not.

I think the market will cause the Dyna to fall. I like the M-Pro that much better.

·
Banned
8,373 Posts
Myk said:
I thought you did in the thread that no longer exists. I guess not.

I think the market will cause the Dyna to fall. I like the M-Pro that much better.
Some models will be available with the Dyna and have an option for the M-pro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts