Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting my friend into turkey hunting but he isnt good enough to shoot one with a bow and he doesnt have an FID card. so is the only option a muzzleloader? if so, do they make like turkey loads for a muzzleload?

·
Registered
38 Posts
what i do know is a freiend hunts birds with a knight muzzleloading shotgun. he has killed a bunch of birds with it. saw him set it up last week, it throws a heck of a pattern. MDM muzzloaders also makes the "tom wacka" which from what i've seen is a sweet muzzleloading turkey shotgun. good luck to you guys

·
Registered
734 Posts
im getting my friend into turkey hunting but he isnt good enough to shoot one with a bow and he doesnt have an FID card. so is the only option a muzzleloader? if so, do they make like turkey loads for a muzzleload?
Yes you can work up a turkey load for a smooth bore muzzleloader. You do need to check on the Mass laws on ammunition though. IIRC you do not need an FID to posses the muzzleloader but you need one for the caps and balls as they are considered ammunition. I know that I had to show my LTC for some percussion caps and PRB's I bought last week.

Bob

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Knight when they were in business made a TK2000... great patterning gun for sure... Hate the disc and their safety system though.. drives you nuts.. but you don't need a FID card to hunt with one... Use a 3 1/2 inch wad... 80 grains of FF powder... a cushion over the powder and over the shot... Awesome pattern for sure...

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
P.S. I liked #5's & #6's for it....:shade:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts