Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my personal thought is why does every body think that mathews is on top of the industry when all their bows are so over priced that after you buy one and go to trade it in in a year or two it still lost half of it's value If they were so darn good they would be selling for a lot more used then they are. I might as well buy a 400 dollar bow and shoot it and only loose 200 when I trade for a new one instead of buying a 700 plus dollar bow and then maybe get 400 if I leave the extras on it when I trade it in .
To me a mathews is no better or no worse than any other bow out their they just are all the rage and the keep up with the Jonse's bow Don't follow the herd buy what Y O U like be it a Bear a PSE or a Dartin
Mathews to rich for my blood:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Whack Master

You are right when you say that Mathews is no better then any other bow, but I have to disagree as far as the resale value of most any bow in todays market. buy a new bow and sell it without ever firing one arrow through it. You already lost 25 to 35 %. Now shoot a few arrows and see what it's worth now. The first thing you'll hear is about not having a warrantee. the one thing I know about after selling several bows is that no matter what brand it is your going to lose lots by selling it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NOT FUNNY??

what gives I think it is real funny and I"M catholic after all he is just a man like you and me

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Why is it whenever anything religious turns up people suddenly lose their sense of humour?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't,
Think most religion is so funny that it's on the border of being ridiculous
Especially the hypocrasy is very amusing.
Regards,
Harald

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I'm Catholic and I am ROFLMAO right now...Good one...Pro1

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Re: good luck

x-ring-1 said:
Good luck Herald your going to need it some day!!!!!
yes, all of us non christian folk are going to hell, with all of the other animals, plants and gaseous substances on this planet the proceed and receed.

The photo and reference was amusing.:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
MerlinAPexDylan,
This guy must know something that we don't:cool: !

Well good luck to you and with your shooting too X-ring
(sincerely meant) You are off course entitlet to your opinon
in spiritual matters as I hope I can be. No hard feelings?
Hope we haven't bottered to many others with this posting
that really should be more arhery related.

Regards,
Harald

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
x-ring-1.

Do not tell me about the luck I need. When it comes to spiritual matters I am a very spiritual human being. I just don't believe in a religion taken out of context.

1.A god persay, wouldn't think it right for a country to use their religion as a means for invading another country and killing, whether that killing is of innocent civilians or other soldiers.

2. My right as a person with freedom, is to choose to follow a religion or not. I will not need luck if it comes to heaven or hell.
I will not read the bible or be apart of a christian congregation if I choose not to be.

3. Buddah was enlightened enough to realise that with life and energy, there is a begining and an end, not matter how infinite we believe it to be. I am not planning for my death, I am living in the now and planning for my life ahead. The now is all we have, as life is a fleeting thing.

4. If you are going to challenge me or others with such comments. Please refrain to using the Soap box. Where your comments are ment to be.

Good day and Enjoy your religion.
Dylan

·
Registered
807 Posts
MerlinApexDylan

MY buddhist friend,

Freedom OF religion is one of,... if not the most important of tenets this country of ours is founded upon--USA--

You are free in CANADA ...I assume,...to worship as you see fit,...more power to you,

AGREED these topics should be kept in the "Soap Box Discussion" forum,...but Matt/PA saw fit to show his sense of humor here...direct your comments his way,...
You may worship buddha,...I will continue to worship JESUS the CHRIST and GOD and CREATOR of all this beautiful wilderness that we all thankfully hunt and fish in,...and I hope with enough gratitude to be respecting of the land and its resources.

GOD is alive and well we praise HIM!!!
BUT,...lets play with what HE has given us and talk about the hunt, the archery, the bows again,...

HEY,...I've got an idea LET'S TALK ABOUT MATT MCPHERSON!!!

bowtinkerer

·
Registered
719 Posts
I am glad god made someone smart enof to make a bow LOL
:D

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
Too Funny, Matt!

I agree with Pro 1.
I'm ROTFLMAO too! :D