Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been a bowhunter for a longtime. All my life I've had this idea that if you sight your bow in for an arrow. That is the arrow you will shoot and if you change model or brand you will have to resight in your bow. But today I was experimenting with arrows and such when I cut my brothers arrow down to my length and shot it. I researched his arrow and the spine is the same as the arrow that I shoot, and the inside and outside diameters are the same. I shot it with my arrows and it grouped the same as them out to 30 yards. (Didnt try further distances). I was wondering if it was completely unheard of or if matching different brands was a common practice. Should I start saving arrows that I find to see if they match or should I stick with my brand. P.s. I'm shooting easton raiders 400 spine 25.5 inches, other arrow goltip hunter expiditions 400 spine 25.5

·
Registered
931 Posts
I was wondwring the same thing? Same spine and weight with two different brands but the same specs such as vanes and insert weight I dont see the problem? I also dont think diameter should change much eirher. You might notice slight differences at farther distances and changing weather conditions.

·
Registered
49,537 Posts
If you have been a bowhunter for a long time then you should already have the answer. As a rule no they will not fly and group the same. Can it happen, yes, but it is not the rule. You should stay with the same brand and size for the best flight and grouping.

·
Anti Fanboy
41,971 Posts
Ya know, it's true that you should try to keep all your arrows the same.

However, I've regularly shot different arrows mixed in for years now, at least for practice. I have some X-Weave 300's and some CE 350's. They have the same POI out to at least 45 yards with [field points].

In a pinch I wouldn't hesitate to bow hunt with them mixed together.

In fact, I just bh tuned my bow a couple weeks ago. I shot 2 different length X-weave 300's to see what one my bow likes the best. One is about an inch longer than the other.

Even with GrizzTrick 125's, 2 1/2" total cutting dia, they both have the same POI from 45 yards, and they both hit with field points.

Considering those facts, and the price of arrows now days, I will be shooting them mixed in. I mean why not? They shoot the same and that's what we are all after, eh?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Arrows with the same spine, gpi, and cut to the same length should in theory shoot the same, but they prob will not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts