Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
Mathews
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Mathews V3X 33 man what a rig. Im 6'2 so its an absolute dream of a bow with that longer axle to axle. I also have a V3 31 witch is nice but the way the 33 holds and the draw cycle on the 33 is so much smother then the 31. If you have a longer draw length like I do (30") sell your 31 and get the 33 asap!!

·
Shootin and Cussin
25,561 Posts
Just got my new Mathews V3X 33 man what a rig. Im 6'2 so its an absolute dream of a bow with that longer axle to axle. I also have a V3 31 witch is nice but the way the 33 holds and the draw cycle on the 33 is so much smother then the 31. If you have a longer draw length like I do (30") sell your 31 and get the 33 asap!!
I read things like this and I just have to laugh.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I agree the 33 was the smoothest drawing bow of the three I shot, I shot the V3X 29” & 33” as well as the V3 31”, but I ended up putting in a special order for a 31. The 33 will not be for everybody. It’s more of a western style hunting rig rather a treestand/timber hunting rig.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just picked up the vx3 / 33. Nice bow and shoots great. I am getting a little bit more string noise than I’m used to as compared to past bows. Are you guys experiencing the same? Bow has very little vibration on the shot though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I’m waiting for (free one from Mtn Ops) patiently. Until then my 31 is still a pleasure to shoot. Ignore the hate not everything is everyone’s cup of tea. I did shoot it at the dealer to see if was worth keeping it over the 31 or sell it. It is a big enough upgrade to move the 31 IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Mathews
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies! Yah its a sweet bow alright. I guess I should have mentioned I hunt in the west! Of course it won't be for everyone but it sure is a dream for me!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Thanks for the replies! Yah its a sweet bow alright. I guess I should have mentioned I hunt in the west! Of course it won't be for everyone but it sure is a dream for me!
I’m an Idaho go so only west for me as well. It’s a bit heavy but super stable platform plus with the integrated accessories I don’t see a back bar in my future so shaves some additional weight there.

·
Registered
Mathews
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yah I was thinking the same thing. Special with that new detachable quiver! Cant wait to get out there!

·
The Impartial Archer
20,941 Posts
You folks crack me up about east & west you are like rappers..........lol. A 33 inch bow is good to use anywhere. My gosh.....folks really!? That said I have the 31 because i bought it before the 33 came out. Good thing I don't hunt out west.....I guess I'd have to buy a new bow!

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
You folks crack me up about east & west you are like rappers..........lol. A 33 inch bow is good to use anywhere. My gosh.....folks really!? That said I have the 31 because i bought it before the 33 came out. Good thing I don't hunt out west.....I guess I'd have to buy a new bow!
Yea, that gets so ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The 31 might very well be the best bow I have ever shot. I can’t wait to get mine rigged and see what it can do, but the 33 was very nice as well. I string angle of the 31 just fit me perfectly and didn’t feel like I was holding a recurve. The 33 is a bit more of an acquired taste. It feels like 40” bow both at full draw and while toting it around the bow shop.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I don’t think it’s that extreme. I can shoot the 31 accurately enough out to 60 yards but I’ve shot longer axle to axle bows in the past with more precision out to 80 plus yards. Also Originator of this post stated size and draw length I’m also a 30 inch draw so there is something to accuracy and axle to axle at longer draws. Now this is all splitting hairs but that’s the fun of it. Could I hunt with my 31 for years to come and enjoy it, hell yes but there’s just no way the 33 won’t be a smidge better in my situation. Now what fits a treestand sitter best, I couldn’t say I only did it twice for Elk and it bored me to no end I would assume you could hunt with any axle to axle length given shots are usually sub 35 in most setups I’ve seen. Of course I would never come on and insult someone else’s post or decision but I’m not a total dick to people…unless the bring it upon themselves.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Prob couldn't handle it out west.... joke

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 77 Posts