Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one bought the mathews jewl for there wife,daughter or significant other? did you like it and what did it cost?
thanks for any help.

·
Registered
262 Posts
There is a thread about it over on the women's forum that you might want to check out.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh cool.
thanks.

·
Registered
581 Posts
$999 in our area !!! Thats frigging crazy !! How can they justify that kind of price.

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Strother allure comes in much cheaper - just another option. Unless you just have to have a Mathews

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are right $999 is to much. she only shoots a couple times a year, besides she shoots just fine with the ignition.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was going to give you the chance to check out the thread on the women's forum and draw your own conclusions, but I found that the majority of the ladies over there seemed to think it was overpriced. Mathews had a lot of success with the Passion, because at the time there weren't many options out there for a woman looking for that kind of quality. I bought one myself. Now there are several more options that carry a lower price without compromising quality.

I would definitely check out the Strother Allure before making a decision. The increase in my 3D scores since I bought mine are incredible.

·
UnBannable
8,195 Posts
Bowtech HEartbreaker? Comes complete set-up for $300 less

·
Registered
50,443 Posts
Very nice bow, Woman's extreme, can't keep them in stock at $950. Can't compare it to a Passion, they are totally two different bows.:wink:

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
$999 is highway robbery for the Jewel. The most I've seen them for in any of the 3 or 4 Mathews dealers shops I've been in was $859. I'll bet you can drive 30 mins down the road and save some money if your local guy is $999. I have one on order for my wife but it's a lefty so I know it'll take a little longer. I'd definitely check out the Bowtech Heartbreaker. Lotta bow for the $$$.

Dawg

·
Registered
15,280 Posts
My girlfriend LOVES hers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts