Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by two archery reps that the Mathews anti Hoyt ad really increased the Hoyt orders. They may want to rethink their advertising.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have read the ad and it hasn't made me want a Hoyt.....but it did make me wonder just who is telling the truth.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Our shop sells both brands, and right now they are both hot sellers. Since the ads, a few guys have come in asking whether or not the stuff about Hoyt is true, and all we can say is: "Well, yeah". We explain that they don't have perfect nock travel and the cams can come out of synch, but........ we havn't had problems with the cams coming out of synch, they have been no more maintenance then the true one cams. And they tune up so nice and easy, so what if the nock travel looks like a polygraph test (which it doesn't). That's usually about all that has to be said about it and then guys are like: "Oh, well then let me shoot a few", and that's about all it takes and then they want one.

I don't know if Mathews has helped the Hoyt sales, but it hasn't hurt them thats for sure. Personally I think it's helped both companies. The LX and Legacy are both hot bows right now, and have a hard time keeping them in stock.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
great info gipper.. I've read the mathews ad, and though
I thought they might have been excessive and biased
in their explanations, I don't think they lied about
anything ( remember, truth is a perception, not always
a 100 percent reality).. I really think mathews believes
exactly what they've said. Matt Mcpherson is a very
credible christian man so I don't think he would print
anything he didn't believe was the absolute truth..

I didn't care much for the negative advertising but
I don't think this is what caused hoyt increased sales.
it was purely their better product line for 2003.. their
bows speak for themselves.. great bows.. mathews
is starting to get a little stale with no new innovations
lately.. maybe 2004 will be the year, we'll just have to
see...both are great bow companies and we as archers
are the winners every time from such great choices...

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
I'd almost bet we'll see another dual cam offering from Hoyt in 2004. I don't believe the dual cam is anymore prone to coming out of tume than the cam 1/2. I've read where some Hoyt guys would like to see the Command Cam Plus brought back. What will mathews have for 2004? I'd guess it will be another single cam, really, how much more stuff can they hang on their bow to make them more quiet and vibration free? They need to get some more speed with higher brace heights.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If Hoyt's sales HAVE increased because of the ads, it wouldn't surprise me.

As a 12 year vet of the advertising trenches, something Matthews probably didn't consider hard enough:

America HATES ATTACK ADS.

Most of the people automatically put on their BS filters when ads start comparing specs anyway. And when the tone starts to echo the mud-slinging political ad crap, most people are turned off. A good portion of the time, these ads usually backfire.

I have no opinion about either company. really. I used to want a Hoyt because Simon Fairweather shot one to win the Gold and they look different, but there was no meat in my preference.

I'm sure that sales will level off again and the competition between 2 top brands always benefits the consumer anyway. Now that the ante has been upped again, I'm sure both will be scrambling to be on top with better innovations and better prices-which benefits everyone.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I did like Mathew till i talked to one of my friends that shoots a Hoyt.
Then i read the latest bow and arrow hunting magazine and there is about 6 pages of Mathew's dissing Hoyt. They said something how double cammed bows cant be time, i've never had a problem with timing on my cams! I think they rigged the pic!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Why does everyoner keep saying they rigged the pic....They sent it up the way Mike Luper from Hoyt said....Thats all....They didnt rig anything...Just done the test has it was printed by Hoyt...

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
We will see what comes out for 04. Should be interesting. IMHO Hoyt should have kept more cam options. I for one am glad I got an 02 with the command+ camS. I also think that Mathews needs to come up with something new, instead of just adding more gizmos to the same bow design every year.:eek: I own 1 of each and I'm not trying to diss either. Just my .02 oppinion.:)

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was also told that Hoyt is coming out with a cam and a half Plus to correct the nock point change when adjusting. Ther will also be other companies with CPS systems and new two cams. It does seem that the negative ads is helping everyone but Mathews.
They take a double hit.ose of sales and no royalty from the CPS bows

1 - 12 of 12 Posts