Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Michigander R.I.P.
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body think Mathews will come out with a Carbon bow this year? Looking at the Grid Lock risers of the 7's and the Mosters and the Honey Comb riser of the Safari. I would think both of these designs would be excellent for a machined carbon riser.

I hope they do come out with a Carbon Monster, It would be nice to have options for 2012. The only carbon bow I would buy rite now would be the Matrix.

What do all think????

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
Does any body think Mathews will come out with a Carbon bow this year? Looking at the Grid Lock risers of the 7's and the Mosters and the Honey Comb riser of the Safari. I would think both of these designs would be excellent for a machined carbon riser.

I hope they do come out with a Carbon Monster, It would be nice to have options for 2012. The only carbon bow I would buy rite now would be the Matrix.

What do all think????
anything will look better than the hideous grid lock riser

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,203 Posts
I thought the "C" word was referring to a Crossbow and I have a feeling that more bow makers will be getting into making these due to the popularity and states lifting the requirements to use one.

As for Mathews going Carbon.......Solo Cam went to the wayside with the Monster so anything is possible.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
I thought the "C" word stood for

untitled.jpg

LOL........Just kidding. Mathews has gone as far as they can with the single cam. Pretty much all that is left is the risers, tweak BH, A to A , and, so on.

Would not doubt it if they would come out with one. I know a lot of people would buy it.

·
Let the Arrow Fly
5,487 Posts
Id buy one..lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

What do all think????
"Machined Carbon Riser"...why?! That would be a step backwords.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
"Machined Carbon Riser"...why?! That would be a step backwards.
Absolutely...you lose all the advantages that carbon fiber fulfills. Just using a matrix of epoxy and carbon fiber has been tried and it's failed. The use of tubing or a monocoque design is where it's at! That way you can "tune" the direction of the fibers to achieve the maximum strength to weigh ratio.

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
Its all about tubular carbon. Its very high strength...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
IMHO, as an engineer (albeit new) neither the grid lock nor honeycomb risers are good ideas. And a CF matrix made into those shapes would be terrible. Tubing is a far better idea.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
IF Mathews came out with a carbon bow I would think about buying another, if they keep the price under a grand. I cant bring myself to getting a Hoyt. Not bashing on them, it sounds like they have come a long way since I last owned one.

It hurt my but to buy the Evo at 800, which by the way 10 years ago I said I wouldnt buy a PSE...

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Carbon risers of any design besides tubular would be junk, as evidence by all the attempts in the past. But Hoyt and her sister company aren't going to let Mathew's use the patent. No way, no how.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
LOL........Just kidding. Mathews has gone as far as they can with the single cam. Pretty much all that is left is the risers, tweak BH, A to A , and, so on.

Would not doubt it if they would come out with one. I know a lot of people would buy it.
The same could be said for two cam bows also. Little things can be tweaked but the technology is pretty mature. Solo's will top out around 350-355fps IBO and twin cam bows will top out around 375. More speed might be atainable but won't be in a package most peple would be willing to shoot.

·
Banned
944 Posts
I don't know that Hoyt has a patent on carbon nano tube technology. This technology would make for a strong riser, and a different designed riser I feel would be possible to be made by Mathews without infringing on Hoyts' design.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts