Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Drenalin

Votes: 69 34.2%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Mathews are pepole on here having the best luck with? I will halft to be in the market again. Was looking for something 70# 30 inch draw.

Drenalin

DXT

S2

Reezen 7.0

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The drenalin LD Is still not as fast and I wanted to here from some pepole that have some of these bows. Thanks

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was wondering if the S2 was the replacement for the Switchback XT?

·
I kill it to eat it !
3,169 Posts
mathews

I have owned the Legacy, LX, SQ2, Switchback , XT, Drenalin, DXT, and now my second Drenalin. I like it best of all. I have never shot the Reezen. Im am really enjoying my Drenny, 28 draw 73 lbs 385 grain 5575 gt 285 fps. I will say out of the rest I have owned the SQ2 is the one I wish I had back.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Being a longer draw shooter as well - If I could return my bow without spending another dollar and get another - it would be the Dren LD. Short ATA bows and long draws dont always mix as far as good form and repeatability.

That said, I sitll love my Reezen 6.5 - I've just come to terms with the fact I will never achieve awesome form on this bow. Though i have been tempted to toss up a trade ad to see if someone would want to trade a 30 inch Reezen for a 30 inch Dren LD.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have a SBXT but if I had to buy another Matthews, without a doubt would be a Drenalin LD, who needs more speed than that? The DXT doesnt fit me well as that shorter ATA with sharp string angles, had trouble with peep alignment but that is just me. I love my SBXT, great bow but the S2 is a sleeper, very good bow IMO

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm 6'-4" with a 30" draw and a Reezen. I am truly loving this bow. Tuned easy, shoots fast, and very easy to shoot for me. My broad heads and field tips are grouping together like fleas on a dogs back. Was out shooting my broad heads today, getting ready for some Thunder Chickens, ended up grouping so tightly I gotta redo some arrows. After I do get'em done, I'm gonna start shootin at different spots.:D

Don't know if it's the right bow for you, but I'm loving it. I was shooting a Mathews MQ32 which also has the 7" BH and 32" ATA length, so there was no big change except getting use to the more radical cam, and that was easy after seeing how it shoots.

·
Registered
196 Posts
They all seem "Well liked" exept by the hater crowd. I am not sure there are really any bad bows on the market. Competition may lead to inflated numbers for marketing sake, but all of the bows are faster, quieter, and better engineered than in the past.

Mine is a drenalin, but it was a close choice between that and several others.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I haven't found a better Mathews bow than the DXT yet .... Love it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mathews Switchback XT all the way. I actually was ordering a Reezen until I shot it. I just can't give up that buttery smooth draw that we have all come to love from Mathews. The Monster is crazy fast but I don't like the hump in the middle of the draw cycle. Maybe next year I will upgrade but I guess the old sang if it ain't broke don't fix it applies here.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I would not fix it if I still had my bow:cry: But now I am going to haft to try something. Can you still buy module's for the Switchback XT to make one 30 inch draw or new wheel?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
In my opinion the Switchback is the best hunting bow Mathews has come out with to date.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
I shot a Reezen yesterday morning. Best Mathews bow I have shot to date and I've shot just about all of them.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts