Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had made another post in this forum last night concerning my nervousness over having ordered a new SB XT and then reading several posts concerning cable, string and QCC problems with the Mathews XT.

Several Mathew's owners stepped up and noted they were 100% happy with their bows and stood behind Mathews. There were also the 2% idiots who had nothing better to do than make personal jabs and not discuss the issue.

Today, one of the Mathew's Moderators put a sticky in the Mathews forum asking for pics of cable wear and cam problems. There is also another thread about how the new Cuda Strings are being reengineered. I think that is a postive sign on Mathews part and takes away the nervousness of buying my bow. Thanks for everyone's tips and suggestions...........and to the idiots.......:zip:

http://forums.mathewsinc.com/viewtopic.php?t=42457

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=385597

·
Registered
89 Posts
mathews cable

i have shot mathews for several years
and they do eat cables like a cow eats grass
also lately the zebra twist cables and string
have seemed to go down in quality as in lots
of fraying and servings coming loose

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
ridgerunner75 said:
There are a couple posts over there on the Mathews site.
I disagree, there are no posts over there stating the cuda's are currently being redesigned. Please get your facts correct before posting them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Chequamegon said:
I disagree, there are no posts over there stating the cuda's are currently being redesigned. Please get your facts correct before posting them.
Wrong.

There was no specific thread about Barracudas, but it was mentioned in several posts in a thread about cable wear. That thread has now magically disappeared. Someone must have upset the mods over there.

IIRC, someone posted that there new 'cuda cable was smaller in diameter with different serving. Don't whether it's true or not..just recalling what I read.

·
Premium Member
18,022 Posts
The problem was that you don't even have your bow to have an issue with. Folks are just trying to stop a bashing thread before it gets started. These complaints have been made by a few in a loud voice when all in all, there haven't been that many problems. All I'm asking is to please wait until you get your bow and find out if you have a problem before you go starting a thread about it. All it does is stir up trouble and there are a few on here who like nothing better than to cause trouble.

Now, if you get your bow and it does have a problem, then by all means post up.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
My Switchback XT has maybe 2,000 shots through it now. The cable serving looks compressed where it goes around the tight curve in the cam. I can see a bit of white there, but it doesn't look like separation of the serving or any sign of starting to break down. Another member here posted a picture in that other thread, and mine looks just like that.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Like I said in the other post about this, I had great result's with my strings. No serving seperation just normal compression of the serving where it bend's around the cam. The only reason for changing was after well over 3,000 shot's they started to fray just alittle bit, so I replaced them so I could have them as a good back up.

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
Interesting pictures on the Mathews forum thread. All I can say is that Mathews has great customer service. I have owned 2 over the past few years and have never been disappointed.

·
Registered
292 Posts
AK-AZ said:
The problem was that you don't even have your bow to have an issue with. Folks are just trying to stop a bashing thread before it gets started. These complaints have been made by a few in a loud voice when all in all, there haven't been that many problems. All I'm asking is to please wait until you get your bow and find out if you have a problem before you go starting a thread about it. All it does is stir up trouble and there are a few on here who like nothing better than to cause trouble.

Now, if you get your bow and it does have a problem, then by all means post up.

:thumbs_up

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AK-AZ

Its not a bashing thread. I put a down payment on the bow and then I read the negative posts. Makes one worry if it is true or not. I pick up my Mathews this week and can't be more excited. I hope those negative posts are no more than the minority, becasue since, several have vouched for Mathews.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
The pro at the shop I used to go to before I moved out west told me once that every bow has something wrong with it. It may be major or minor but all bows require maintenance. Every company could do something to improve their product as well. Mathews makes a great bow or they would not be where they are. So do other companies. Don't look for problems before you get your bow. Be positive and enjoy it. If you do have a problem give customer service a chance. You have purchased one of the best bows made. I think pro shop service goes along way also. So when that problem does arise it helps to know someone is there to help. Set it up correctly and you will shot better than you ever have in your life.

·
Registered
624 Posts
2 more cents

I just got a new string from Winners Choice. Included with the string was a flyer advising that I take an emory cloth to the back side of the posts where the string attaches. They said that some bows, particularly Mathews, had sharp ridges that might wear out the loop serving prematurely. I've never seen this problem on any of my three Mathews bows, but I pass this along in case it might help someone else.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If I were getting a new Mathews, or any bow for that matter, which I did twice with a Legacy and Outback, before it left the shop it had a winners choice cable and string on it, any bow I buy will have a custom string on it before I shoot it, I have spent too much of my time fussing with stock strings stretching to deal with it, regardless of the maker, if the next bow I buy doesn't come with Winners Choice, or Vapor Trail, or some other top of the line custom string then I will buy one, I consider it a part of the purchase of a new bow.

So that is what I would do. I just bought an Elite E500 a few months or so ago and if it hadn't come stock with a Winner's Choice I would have ordered one when I ordered the bow.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I hear ya Bearclaw........I got tired of messing with the strings on my 05 SB so I put a set of Pro Strings on it. Zero issues with stretch, serving wear, or peep rotation. When I bought my XT, I put Pro Strings on it before I ever shot it. I couldn't be happier. I love it when people gripe about buying a $700 bow and then having to put new strings on it( mine were $65) but they will go buy a $30,000 vehicle and the first thing they do is spend lord knows how much money on wheels and tires.......lol.............Rick

·
Registered
310 Posts
I still don't understand why the bigdogs don't quit trying to also develop strings and cables and stick with the bow making, and leave the strings to those in the know. Oh Well, again, any bow I buy, the sticker price goes up $80 or so, kind of like putting a new rest on it, or a matching quiver since the camo is defferent, though none of those will make it shoot better.

I also have three buddies that believed, before dropping the coin on custom strings, that there was no need, now I have three buddies that also shoot WC, and wonder why they gave me so much crap for so long.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thread lost

There was a topic on the mathews side:mg: but moderator removed it:zip: he couldnt stand the critics:pukey:

·
Registered
793 Posts
new cables

I got an email from Aaron Brooks on this issuewith mine eating the serving down to the bare string in under 150 shots. In his email he says this:

The warranty cable will be served with .015 Halo, a braided serving material. Your original was served with .015 Mini serving, a twisted serving material. Braided serving materials are much more durable but also more expensive.

·
Registered
793 Posts
winners choice

But I also just recieved my winners choice cable in the mail yesterday, so I guess I'll try the new Mathews cable first and see what happens

1 - 20 of 23 Posts