Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Monster Chill. It is 28.5" draw length and is right handed. It was the first bow I every bought. Found out afterwards I should have bought a left handed bow. Just dealt with it since then.

My wife is taking an interest now and she is right handed. Is there something that can be done to the bow to shorten the draw length from 28.5" to 26" for her to use? If it can be done, I will modify the Chill and look for a left hander for me.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yes, just change the mods on it. You can search the classifieds on here and most likely find the size you need. Just google Mathews chill mod chart. Also the mods can be changed without a press.
Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
585 Posts
Rocks Mods are for sure the way to go. If you're not familiar with them, they each have a cable draw stop on them. You get a real solid back wall with them. So much better of a feel than the standard mods gave it.

People Eating Tasty Animals

·
Registered
51,165 Posts
Changing the draw length is simple, the problem will be the poundage! More than likely it will be too heavy for her and will not work unless you buy lower poundage limbs. In that case IMHO it gets too costly. And you would be farther ahead to get a bow that will properly work for her.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Changing the draw length is simple, the problem will be the poundage! More than likely it will be too heavy for her and will not work unless you buy lower poundage limbs. In that case IMHO it gets too costly. And you would be farther ahead to get a bow that will properly work for her.
Is there a way to know how much the draw weight will go up if a bow set to 50lbs at 28.5” draw length is changed to 26” draw length?

·
Registered
51,165 Posts
What is the max poundage the bow will do? The very average woman shoots between 30 and 40 pounds. Before you invest anythingnyou should know what her max poundage she can COMFORTLY pull. I don't mean just beable to pull but pull many, many times.
There is more to it than just the draw length, that is only part of it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^ this...
Chill is a great bow! Also I believe I have 26.5” mods if you need those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Doug,
I might need the 26". Do you sell these or did you just have the 26.5" laying around and wanted to sell them?

Can someone help me understand what the difference is between the Rock Mod I 26 Long and Rock Mod J Short? They are both 26".

·
Registered
923 Posts
Doug,
I might need the 26". Do you sell these or did you just have the 26.5" laying around and wanted to sell them?

Can someone help me understand what the difference is between the Rock Mod I 26 Long and Rock Mod J Short? They are both 26".
The ones I have make 26.5” draw at 85% let off. They make 3 different mods. Two of them are rock mods, one at 85% letoff and the other at 75% letoff. The other mod is 80% letoff.

I can ship the mods to you for $20

1 - 15 of 15 Posts