Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Mathews chill and it seems to have the old style limb pockets. Does anyone know if that is under warranty? The bow shop I bought it at is no longer carrying Mathews.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The blue plastic shims under the limbs do not wrap up around the sides of the limbs on my bow. They are supposed to.

·
Registered
59 Posts
They do not on my chill either. Are you sure they are supposed to? My dealer is closed tomorrow so won't know til thursday. Call Mathews ask them. Post what you find.

2013 Monster Chill Blacked out 27/[email protected]
Axion black 5 pin
Mathews Qad drop away
Mathews t5
2010 Mathews Z7 lost camo 27/60
Axion lost camo 5 pin
Qad lost camo drop away
Mathews t5

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did call another Mathews dealer today and he said that they did send him new pockets, new limbs, and new shims to put on the demo chill and the creed he had. I contacted brdymakr on AT too and he said said the blue shims are supposed to come up on the sides of the limbs also.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can you post a picture of the side of the limb pockets where the shims are supposed to come up to. Mine do intact come up the sides slightly but I'm still unsure.

Axion black 5 pin
Mathews Qad drop away
Mathews t5
Axion lost camo 5 pin
Qad lost camo drop away
Mathews t5

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah those are the right ones, mine are just on the bottoms of the limbs. Yours comes up the limbs a little. I'm trying to get the pics uploaded it won't let me for some reason.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Those are the same ones I have as well and they are correct. Called Mathews. Don't shoot the bow it could cause damage they said. I'm sure that Mathews will fix it one thing for sure they stand behind what they sell I've seen it quite a few times.

Axion black 5 pin
Mathews Qad drop away
Mathews t5
Axion lost camo 5 pin
Qad lost camo drop away
Mathews t5

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
AT, Mathews indeed did a "fix" earlier this year relative to the shims used on the new Chill model bows. In post 12 and 13 above you can see the original shims sent out on the initial Demo Bow stock...don't shoot these bows before you take them into a Mathews dealer and have the shims replaced (at a minimum) or have the dealer get the entire assembly replaced if they are willing to cover it (or Mathews is). That would include limbs, limb pockets and the new shims. Without the side support found on the new shims the original limb/limb pocket combination would allow for some degree of lateral travel which could cause damage and premature fatigue on the limbs...it would also not shoot very well. Here is a pic of the proper limb/limb pocket and shim combination from one of my Chills. You will notice that the shim "wraps around" the limbs and seats itself into the pocket with no room for "travel" when the bow is shot. Hope this helps to clarify the sitch.

Proper shims Chill.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts