Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this may sound crazy to some of you!

Just got myself a chill x- loaded with rock mods but....

MY question is- can you put the mods from the original chill r on them that do not have the "draw stops" ? I have been shooting mathews bows for years and they have never had draw stops until now- and I kinda like that less "hard of a back wall that was on the mr7 and m7's years ago

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
They are the same,just have to get the correct ones for your draw. Why on earth you wouldn't want the roc mods is beyond me.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
They are the same,just have to get the correct ones for your draw. Why on earth you wouldn't want the roc mods is beyond me.
I originally shot a chill in the shop with standard mods and like the wall, since then I bought a chill r with 85 on it and think I want to try standard mods on it, I came from a limb stop bow before this chill r but I seemed to for ever have problems with a clean release, most likely was my form and shot execution but not sure

·
I'm nicer than I appear
8,059 Posts
The mods are the same draw lengths yes, but a module that makes a Chill R "a" inches will add 1 inch of draw on the X.

For example, a mod that makes a ChillR 28" will make your ChillX a 29" draw. My dealer has a nice chart that shows what draw length each mod makes each bow. Mathews may have one out there too, you, you may try searching on their site.

·
I'm nicer than I appear
8,059 Posts
The mods are the same draw lengths yes, but a module that makes a Chill R "a" inches will add 1 inch of draw on the X.

For example, a mod that makes a ChillR 28" will make your ChillX a 29" draw. My dealer has a nice chart that shows what draw length each mod makes each bow. Mathews may have one out there too, you, you may try searching on their site.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
W8in- I am on same page as you- bought a pse with hard stops and just didn't shoot it as well as I did the old mathews with no draw stops----been. Shooting mathews all my life up until this pse and I think I am just used to not having the hard wall and that's how I shoot best

Rattling an thanks for the info !!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts