Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to set up a Mathews Conquest or Rival Pro (not sure which one) bow for my daughter to shoot. Specs are 35# draw weight, 25" draw length, HH mini max cam. No matter what arrows I use, I have to put the nock way above the rest to make it shoot OK. I am talking so high that when the arrow is nocked on the bow, it looks like it would shoot the stabilizer.

I have included a photo that shows where the nock has to be to shoot good holes through paper and have good visual arrow flight. The photo shows that I have knocked it in the wrong place completely above the D-Loop, but it is just an example of where it actually needs to be to shoot good.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

000_0023.jpg

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Things to look for first

Cam timing
Tiller

If those two are good you may have a bad limb. Swap top limb to bottom limb and see if it fixes the problem

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Timing and tiller are both in good shape. I have not swaped the limbs yet, but I will try that tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
cam looks good, right now i'm agreeing with swbuckmaster. Maybe a limb, does it do the same thing with different shooters? Most I have seen will nock a little high but not that much.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it does the same with any shooter. There is no visual damge or cracks to either limb. I guess one limb is stronger than the other. Which limb do you think would be the strongest to make it nock that way?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
When your taking off the limbs check you cams. See if they spin freely.

Can you post me a photo of the idler wheel? I've seen quite a few with the wrong ones on latley

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Yes it does the same with any shooter. There is no visual damge or cracks to either limb. I guess one limb is stronger than the other. Which limb do you think would be the strongest to make it nock that way?
Put three twists on one limb and see if it fixes it. If it doesn't take them out and put three on the other one. Then you will know which one has a problem

1 - 20 of 26 Posts