Votes: 107 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mathews customers only.... please vote on your Level of satisfaction of customer service and satisfaction with Mathews Archery, its policy, and its dealer network

No flames its just a poll:D

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
The poll is really not necessary. Sales speak for themselevs. Mathews along with every other manufacturer does a great job. People are going to be loyal to whom they choose and most will always gang up on the competitors when something goes awry.

Tink - If you don't like Mathews just say so:D

·
Extreme Opinionated One
43,701 Posts
Back when I was shooting Mathews bows I replaced a 80% cam with a 65% and got it under a week. Never have broken a limb on one yet (knock on wood) but from everything I've seen they have as good as customer service as anyone else (except maybe Martin's might be a bit better) Hoyt's customer service scares me to even think about it. I hope and pray I NEVER have to replace anything on my Ultratec's and I hope I never get a "bad " one from the factory like a friend of mine did. What a nightmare story that is. (Still in progress) That bow still aint right.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No flames just vote OK?

No flames.......it s poll A company with good customer service relations should be up around 80 % or 90% satisfaction levels......

Archery Busieness Magazines used to run polls for dealers to vent against the manufactures

You see, if a dealer dares complan , he is dropped as a dealer.

here dealers can vote

I am retired; no longer a dealer for anything, have no AXE to grind any more, but I have been in the archery industry over 50 years

Vote on such such issuesas

On time Deliveries, esp on new models
repairs done fast and right
Promises kept or broken
Reps who are honest and never lie or fib
accuracy in filling orders
fast part replacement
easy to deal with
friendly
ethics in advertising
follow up
dealer support
dealer traing
Rep support in person my rep or only on the phone
satisfaction with company policy on warranty work
ie limb replacement policy
repairs for factory defects like spacers/washers left off bows
how fast replacement bows are sent out
willthey replace one widget/cam/cable to a dealer or do they impose high dollar parts orders that punish the dealer?

·
Registered
673 Posts
It seems that Mathews is following the ways of another bow company from a few years back called High Country. They had and still may have one of the worst customer service departments in the business. Mathews is coming close to taking that honor away from them. One of the best in the business is PSE and Mathews could do well to take lessons from them in the customer service area. I shoot Mathews and have never had an issue with them but I hear all the war stories about getting them to work with problems and the overall conclusion is that they just don't. You would think that if enough complaints come in to the Mathews managers they would wake up. I fear that they are getting too big for their britches, if you know what I mean. Coming down is going to be hard.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I have no "axe to grind"... I currently own and shoot
3 different mathews bows.. they have an excellent
product.. but in archery no matter how good the product
is, you'll eventually need customer service .... I have
been spoiled by PSE and Martin.. they have great
customer service... it was a complete rude awakening
when I needed mathews customer service.. they were
hard to do business with and their dealer network in
my area sucks eggs... out of 4 dealers within an hour
drive, all 4 had different prices on parts... and none were
really concerened about ordering a part for me... when
I called and spoke back to mathews, they politeley told
me they didn't want to hear it...not one single dealer would
order a bow part for me without seeing the bow first..this
was not a warranty issue either.. I wanted to order axles
and bushings to replace on one of my bows and I was going
to pay for it since this bow was bought second hand.. I could
not get a single dealer to order the parts for me without
me driving an hour to their shop so they could look at the
bow..I gave them complete specs on the bow, they should
have known the parts I needed from the description..an
hour there and back just to look at the bow.. I don't think
so.. my time is more important than that..

I have purchased my last mathews bow simply because
of their customer service.. it's a real shame, because I
really like their products..their products are up there with
the best of them.. their customer service is at the bottom..

The older I get the more I realize customer service is
just as important as the product being purchased.

I would rather buy an average product with great customer
service than a great product with poor customer service..
The only problem for mathews is there are companies
with great products and great customer service....

Hopefully, they will improve, time will tell..............

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
loopone quit whining.... It's just a poll...

I'm with Tink....I've been through it all with Mathews... they need a lot of work in the humility department....BTW , I didn't buy a Hoyt either:) I have seen the light .... no more BS roller cable guards.... no more broken limbs....no more MAAAAAAAAAThews....no more toll calls to Sparta.... I mean Geez.... you'd think they could at least have a toll-free number for the hundreds of thousands of bows sold. Think of all the money they saved on the thousands of pairs of broken limbs where they send only one to us poor folks....O.K. Replace one limb, no toll-free hotline, negative advertising, false advertising, bragging all the time about BS 3-D tourneys where they pay all the shooters... WHO NEEDS EM' NOT emlyn- that's a fact!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
forgot, Merlin customer service is right up there with
PSE and Martin also..
I recently purchased two new max 3000 bows.. had a
very minor issue on one of them.. I emailed technical
support at merlin on two occassions.. the owner of
the company emailed me back within 24 hours each
time and has gone out of his way to make this bow
right.... this keeps customers coming back....

Mathews cs is not even in the same league as the
above mentioned companies...not even close..

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I haven't had any problems with customer service, I have had only one problem with a cracked limb, they replaced it very soon, within 3 days I had the new one on and back in business. A lot of my buddies have Mathews and there happy with the product and customer service.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
For someone who is so anti-mathews you sure spend alot of time sniffing around mathews shops Tink.

What exactly is your beef? I know the shop near you has very good customer service so what have you had problems with? I am sure that Dave would be very interested.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
I've had nothing but good luck dealing with Mathews. The delivery times on bows I have purchased from Mathews has been less time than they originally quoted me, and I've never waited more than 2 weeks for delivery on a bow from them. They are #1 in my book.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I have had great service, email responses, fast delivery, and all around I am very very happy with Mathews. I do agree PSE is a good CS related company as well as Bowtech.

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,423 Posts
I haven't shot Mathews in two seasons, but when I did they never gave me a problem. Of course they replaced limbs in pairs back then... :)

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Dave Hoffman is a good buddy

I guess you didnt read the psot Go back and read th em again

I have no axe to grind

I have more Mathews bows than you do

I don't have any trouble with them and no longer shoot them
but I see a trend and I wanted to explore how the public feels

Hoffmans Archery is a great Bow shop and they work on my bows and do a great job

Its a poll....
I just wanted folks here @ AT to post not flame OK?

Mathews is at 21-16 as of ten thirty Tursday Evening FYI

Thanks for the flame Dark Archer!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I have had the unenviable task of having to replace the limb(s) on the Mathews bows....one limb!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!! That's pretty bad. Thank god it doesn't happen often. I have a 1997 model Conquest Pro with the original limbs on it, but I also have a friend that has had atleast 7 sets of limbs between the 2 Mathews he had. Everytime he got one fixed, the other would break a couple of weeks later. He fixed them one last time and dumped them. He now shoots 3 Martin Sceptors and will prolly never change.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have personally not had any service ever done on two mathews over a 8 yr period. I have first hand experience with them and this is the rest of the story. Guy in my camp found one of his limbs had a slight crack in it one morning while at the camp hunting. We called our local dealer on the cell phone and told him of the problem. The dealer called Mathew's and they overnighted the limbs. The limbs arrived the next afternoon about 2pm and he changed them and my hunting buddy was able to hunt that afternoon after a sight in check, bow was dead on perfect again.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Tink - I would've voted, except your poll didn't have any "middle ground" to it... I'm neither 100% satisfied nor dissatisfied with Mathews customer service... I've had a few negative experiences with a couple of their dealers, but now have a very good dealer in my area that acts like a buffer between Mathews and their customers... I really don't think that as a company Mathews is the most "customer service oriented" bow company going, but they DO make a fine bow... I've been shooting Mathews bows for over 5 years now, BTW - and my 5 plus year old Ultra Max still shoots as good as the day it was new...

- georgestrings

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks Sir

Its OK

They make great bows but it seems the customers they have are not very happy with them and the dealers they appointed...... Some dealers are not happy with Mathews either......and a lot of customers are not happy with the local Mathews dealers.............so the world turns....

I worded it so they ( the voters) would have to fish or cut bait

Mathew builds great bows and they sell a slew of them

They seem to have alienated a whole lot of people

Their Customers!

My guess is the policy of having inside 9-5 sales reps that never or hardly ever call on the dealers "in person" to resolsve problems

Also How is an inside rep in Wisc getting the feel for customers? The reps only talk to dealers and are they are not in the shops talking to the buyers or dealers staff justr the dealer or buyer

I did hear that John Dudley did make some sales call on his vacation down South...............

Well hopefully they can tune in and see that they are not as

popular as they think they are.

I took and currenlty Hold a Major # 1 Worlds Record Critter taken with a Mathews Bow BTW

1 - 20 of 122 Posts