Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Downforce

I've got one on my Reezen and like it alot. It was the easiest rest to set up. It is also the quietest rest I've ever had. I had a QAD on my DXT and it was nowhere near this quiet. Great rest IMO.

·
Registered
279 Posts
great rest easy to setup and one of the best out there use switched from the hd 2 and never looked back :darkbeer:

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
I don't have any personal handson exprience with them yet,but I have one on the way for my Monster!

From all the reviews,etc they are suppose to be the very best choice of rests for any Mathews bow. They are a bit more expensive than other rests on the market($119.00) but the extra $$ spent should be money well spent. IMHO you can't put a dollar amount on high end Archery equipment that works the best for your bow. I too have heard they are about the easiest to setup and the quietiest rest. Mine should be here any day then I'm sending the bow and rest off to my boy-John of John's Customs for a full tuneup and custom strings & cables. His Bow tuning mastery will then make an already great performing Monster even better. And even look that much more sexier with flame/black strings and cables that'll match the bow perfectly! :D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I have one on my Reezen 7.0 and really like it. It is very quiet and easy to set up. Make sure you serve the cord into the string very tight to prevent the rest not coming all of the way up. A buddy of mine who is on factory pro staff for mathews has replaced his trophy taker spring steel with the downforce and is shooting better scores. That should tell you something...

·
Registered
146 Posts
The new Trophy Taker Smackdown PRO is the way to go...Seriously! I was interested in the Downforce then I opened my eyes. The TT is full containment, it can be setup on your up cable or lower limb. The new pro has some great new lines lightweight and dead silent. Check it out.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had one for a year with my Z7. I then switched to the limbdriver, and love it. Effectively the same thing, but it is limb driven (which I like more) and it is a lot lighter. I also think it is easier to tune, and it is a lot less money.

My vote would be go with a limbdriver.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
i have 2 Helim's

One with Down Force and one with QAD

Both work well but QAD HDX
has the Down Force beat in my opinion, mainly due to the capture. Both shoot well but I seem to lose the arrow occasionaly with Down Force
Both quiet both accurate but lack of containment of DF gives QAD the edge,, just My $.02 worth

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.