Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a down force rest mounted on my C4. When I draw back the rest comes up and then lies back down. What am I doing wrong? What am I missing?
I followed the PDF file down load instructions from Mathews site. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
ttt

I am in the same situation....

·
Slickhead Slayer
5,673 Posts
Both of you have defective rests. It has happened with a few of them that the spring on the inside is to weak and does not allow the rest to hold the arrow up. Contact your dealer and let them know what is happening. Our dealer has been sending them back to mathews and they have been replaced.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
14,851 Posts
When at full draw, is there slack in the cord? It should be loose, not tight at full draw. If not, then it sounds like a bad spring like the other post mentioned.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it fixed!

I'm gonna leave this up for a while. On those bows you must mount the string from the rest to the up cable/string at least 7 inches below the cable slide. Mine is about 9 inches and it works great now. I had it at 6.5 inches and the activation cord actually would go slack then right at anchor tighten up again which was pulling the launch arm back down.
Perry24 is exactly right! There needs to be slack in the activation cord at full draw.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm gonna leave this up for a while. On those bows you must mount the string from the rest to the up cable/string at least 7 inches below the cable slide. Mine is about 9 inches and it works great now. I had it at 6.5 inches and the activation cord actually would go slack then right at anchor tighten up again which was pulling the launch arm back down.
Perry24 is exactly right! There needs to be slack in the activation cord at full draw.
Cool, glad you figured it out.... :thumbs_up

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
king of the dip%##$

I took my Switchback XT to an "authorized dealer" this afternoon to have him press my bow and attach the rest drop cord. He sells these rests so I figured it would be a slam dunk to have a Mathews set up on a Mathews. You guessed it, he put it on the wrong cable, the one that goes down. So I left thinking I was good to go. After an hour of frustration and trying everything I could think of I posted here on AT. I blew through the directions and didn't catch or read the IMPORTANT part. I then proceeded to bend the spring while jacking around. So I am going to send it to Wisconsin to get a fix then start over. From what I have read the Downforce is a great rest so I in time it will all come together. I am not using this bow for hunting or 3D at the moment so thanks to the postings here on AT. I am asking Santa for patience this year, again.....

·
Registered
951 Posts
The DownForce is a great rest, It has total adjustment, and is very well built. I've been using one on my hunting bow, now for a year, and it has worked flawlessly the whole time. I have another one sitting next to me waiting for a Z7 to arrive. The only time I've seen any issues with one was from improper setup. Some have had issue with arrows popping up to fast, but typically there arrow holder is to tight, and needs to be shaved for that shaft size. Or the users are over bow'ed. Trying to pull way to much weight for them to draw smoothing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts