Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Drenalin which I love but I can't get over 69 lbs. out of it bottomed out, even after twisting the cable. I'd like to shoot it at 72 lbs. but I don't think that's going to happen. Is this normal for Mathews bows? Would new cables and string fix the problem? This is my first Mathews and I love it otherwise.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
???

I have owned 2 switchbacks on with 60lb limbs and one with 70lb limbs.
on both of those I got 64lbs on the 60s and 73 on the 70s when they were bottomed out with the OE strings and cables straight from the factory.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
You can gain poundage by adding twists to the cable and taking twists out of the string. This will also add a little on your draw length tho.

·
Chasin Swamp Donkeys
1,904 Posts
Timing ??

You can gain poundage by adding twists to the cable and taking twists out of the string. This will also add a little on your draw length tho.

Won't this affect the bows timing as well ?

Kyle

·
ROAD CREW
3,092 Posts
I'd check the scale. My Drenalin, out of the box, hits 72-73lbs w/ the 70lb limbs bottomed out

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
my dxt bottomed out at 69, last night I twisted the cable and strings which brought my a-a back to specs (string had settled and a-a was 1/4" too long). I haven't weighed it yet to see if it helped the poundage. BTW, 4 twists each end to string and to end of cable and it didn't effect the cam timing or bh noticeably.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
scale may be off. don't worry about it though, the speed and energy difference between 69 and 73 will be almost unnoticeable

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
I just bought a new Drenalin which I love but I can't get over 69 lbs. out of it bottomed out, even after twisting the cable. I'd like to shoot it at 72 lbs. but I don't think that's going to happen. Is this normal for Mathews bows? Would new cables and string fix the problem? This is my first Mathews and I love it otherwise.
they are right about calibrating the scales. Most of the mathews we get in are bottomed out 2-4lbs. over the max.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Won't this affect the bows timing as well ?

Kyle

I shoot 300's with my "out of time" drenalin quite often :wink: It shoots bullet holes, and b-heads fly good too.

I bought mine with a 27 inch draw for hunting and I tweek the cams as I stated above for targets.........you know because there is no heavy jackets in the way when I shoot targets.

In all honesty I don't think that it is as big an issue with single cams. Even tho I am not an expert at tuning........mine shoots great.

·
Registered
835 Posts
to keep your timing holes aligned properly you need to put equal amounts of twist to both string and cable... that way you're only adjusting ata and brace height. if you twist them independently, you'll alter the timing...

as far as your draw weight is cconcerned.... definately check the timing. after my WC strings settled my cam was way out of rotation and i lost 16 fps and 6 pounds draw weight. back to specs now (and 60X strings) and it shoots like a dream.

·
Registered
871 Posts
We have sold 100s of them and everyone hit at least 72 and one hit 78.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll check it on a different scale and see. The scale it was measured on was digital and you'd think it would be accurate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts