Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother is torn between the 2 ? he has shot both and likes the feel of each the same?i have never shot the drenlin is there any creep in the draw?...meaning, once a t full draw can i creep forward a little i like that in the admiral , also the admiral is adj. let off. does the drenlin have that also? i was with him today when he shot the admiral and the mathews is at another dealer.

Thanks for the input!!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
price difference is within $10 of each other both used the bowtech is an 09, i think he said the mathews was also the drenlin is not the long draw.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Go with the Bowtech. You don't have to buy a different cam for different draw lengths. I think that the Bowtech is a better all around bow.

·
Registered
49,105 Posts
First off with todays bows you shouldn't "creep" shoot any of them, The draw length needs to be set so your holding right into the draw stop all Thur the shot. Yes you can get Mathews cams in less let off(it's a total cam change). As far as either bow they are both good bows, check them over well as it sounds like he wants to buy used rather then new. Keep in mind there will be NO warranty on a used Mathews. Bottom line it's what ever feels the best to him.:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
First off with todays bows you shouldn't "creep" shoot any of them, The draw length needs to be set so your holding right into the draw stop all Thur the shot. Yes you can get Mathews cams in less let off(it's a total cam change). As far as either bow they are both good bows, check them over well as it sounds like he wants to buy used rather then new. Keep in mind there will be NO warranty on a used Mathews. Bottom line it's what ever feels the best to him.:)
No warranty on a used Bowtech either...

I really couldn't tell ya which one i'd go with though, thats tough. I'd probably have to sling a few arrows with the admiral before I counted it out. I've shot the Drenaline and really like it though.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I think Mathews discontinued the drenalin in 2009 it was replaced by the Reezen
Don

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great responses guys ...i am only asking questions on the 2 bows to get different opinions on each ...
I am not looking for input on form etc., i know how to shoot a bow and i like a bow i can creep, if i have to draw on an animal for a bit i relax while waiting, and when i shoot i draw complete into draw stop.

If you have some input as to points of each bow than comment,

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the mathews drenalin is 08at.. $450 and the bowtech is an 09 admiral for $440

·
Registered
49,105 Posts
, if i have to draw on an animal for a bit i relax while waiting, and when i shoot i draw complete into draw stop.

If you have some input as to points of each bow than comment,
Good luck finding a bow today that's going to give you feature.;)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Both very nice hunting bows. The admiral is one bad mofo. Whisper quiet. I give it the slight edge IMO.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
search both bows on here and see what kind of response you read on the Addy.no comparison I have owned both ,kept the Drenalin for about 6 wks b4 I bought a DXT and sold the Drenalin,now I currently shoot an Addy and its the tits compared to everthing I've ever owned .Based on what I prefer quietness,smoothness,forgiveness and speed.Also nothing comes close to being as dead in your hand as Bowtech CP's

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I've had both and I'd go with the Admiral. Quieter, less vibe, and you can change the drawlength along with the drawstop to make it feel just right.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Between these two bows, I'd opt for the BowTech Admiral.... it's a great bow!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts