Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK to all the Mathews fanboys out there I'm sorry, I've got on you guys in the past with some good natured jokes but I've gotta retract what I've said now. I've owned few Mathews in the past, never kept them very long at all and never gave them a fair shake. I'd buy them, shoot em a couple times and sell them. Well last week I got rid of my other bow and picked up a Drenalin. Paper tuned it in the basement the other night and got it all setup, took it out to shoot the next day and I gotta say this is one of the best shooting hunting bows I've owned in a long time. My only problem with it is the grip "always been a huge gripe with me on Mathews", but even with that Walnut tree as a grip I had it smacking fletching at 50yds in no time flat the other night and pulled off some 3", 4 arrow groups at 50yds a couple times. Now I got in a Shrewd delrin grip and stuck it on there late last night and it feels even better. I'm gonna go shoot it some more tonight and see what it'll do with the new slim grip on it, I think it'll be alot better.
Also I shot a new Reezen 6.5 last weekend and I think that'll be the next bow I'll own, it just felt right to me. I dont think I'm ready to be a full fledged "fanboy" yet but I gotta say, after spending some serious shooting time with Mathews I'm really liking these bows.:darkbeer:
"Yes it pains me deep down inside to admitt that"...
Oh yeah, here's a couple pics and the setup.
Drenalin, 29" 70lbs
Ripcord rest
Viper Quickset 2500 single pin slider .019 pin
G5 MetaPeep
10" Fuse Axium stabilizer
2" SIMS modules in the back of the riser for counter weight.
Soon to have some new threads from JOHN'S CUSTOMS on it too!!!
Shrewd Delrin Grip

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
conrats on a sweet looking rig. I have the reezen 7.0 and love it.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
conrats on a sweet looking rig. I have the reezen 7.0 and love it.
Yeah I think the Reezen will be my next rig, I fell inlove with the 6.5 I shot, havent got to shoot the Reezen 7.0 yet though. If the 7 shoots better than the 6.5 I'd be very impressed.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome...

...To the Dark Side:darkbeer:

·
The Western Triangle
2,231 Posts
seriously?????

I had the Drenalin last year.....loved it as well........but when you compare it to the Bowmadness 32"?

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Whatever works man. Good shooting.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Glad you're happy and doing well. I too like my Mathews (DXT) but I also liked my Hoyt (Ultra-Tec). Regards, Randy

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
They do make a fine bow.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
How do you like the Viper slider? With the oblonged mounting hole, is there any worries if it sliding?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Your definetly right, the Drenalin is a shooter!

I cracked Mathews jokes before i owned one also, but that was because i never shot one. I am now a firm believer that they make the finest bows out there. I now own a DXT and absolutely love it. Whats funny is im one of the few people who LOVE the grip on their bows. I always have.

Though it all comes down to personal preference, I shot the Bow Madness 32" back to back with the DXT before i got the DXT and the BM didnt even compare. I used to think it did, but until i came to my senses, it really didnt.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Nice grip! It will definitely tighten your groups. Heck that one has been trained already. :wink:

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
Yeah, the Drenalin is a very nice bow. If I were to defect away from Bowtech to Mathews, that would be my choice.

·
Born To Hunt
6,125 Posts
Drenalin

I got a Drenalin last month and I am shooting it better than any bow I have owned, GREAT bow.

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
I think it's time for an intervention ... Quick! Somebody call Dr. Drew ....

Sounds good ! :darkbeer:

·
The Western Triangle
2,231 Posts

All in all it's a good back up bow.....can't go wrong with it.....it's for sure the last great bow that's come from Mathews!

Cheers!:cocktail:

·
Banned
1,745 Posts

All in all it's a good back up bow.....can't go wrong with it.....it's for sure the last great bow that's come from Mathews!

Cheers!:cocktail:
I will agree with this statment. The monster is nice and yes very fast but the dren all around blows it away still. Bob jenkins in a email once told me Matt himself was holding the dren and Matt said it was the finest bow he ever produced. I wish I still had that email as it was when the dren came out.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice grip! It will definitely tighten your groups. Heck that one has been trained already. :wink:
If it makes the Dren shoot much better I wont be able to stand it, lol...

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
hey there. Congrats. I never have owned a dren but have shot one many times. I see one in my future for 3d though. Black with camo limbs is the sharpest looking bow i have seen in a long time on the dren's.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts