Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many fellow Mathews owners are tired of the expression "Mathews fanboy".

I see it constantly and I equate it to a kid who pierces every body part and dresses in all black just to be different. I'm guessing these guys are just really Mathews lovers and are afraid to come out of the closet and be like the "majority". I thinks it's just insecurities and these people just have to be different and want everyone "who they don't know" to know how they are so different.

I am sure people consistently stick with Mathews for the same reasons others may stay true to PSE or any other manufacturer....it appeals to them! Companies don't radically redesign a bow for that reason..to retain previous customers. Mathews just appeals to a majority. Check the polls and who really cares.

Yes I am bored and have a few minutes to kill that's why I am typing this and yes I am a "Mathews Fanboy" that's why I bought the bow.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
a bow is a bow. who cares who makes it? i am going to shot a hoyt. i am not saying hoyts are better then mathews or any other company. It is just my preference. i do think mathews look like waffles. but they shoot good. i could go shoot a stick right now and be happy because i am outside doing what i like to do and that is shooting.
i am done.

·
Registered
63 Posts
To be honest with you,I dont care if you shoot a Mathews as long as you dont wear all the Mathews parafanalia and look like a walking billboard and dont buy too many of those color coordinated doo-ma-flickies.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
thank you. i just prefer bows with nice lines, i love the look of athens, and of pse. they just are good looking bows, not to mention rytera.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
So different that he looks just like any other "nonconformist". :sign10:

:izza:

How many fellow Mathews owners are tired of the expression "Mathews fanboy".

I see it constantly and I equate it to a kid who pierces every body part and dresses in all black just to be different. I'm guessing these guys are just really Mathews lovers and are afraid to come out of the closet and be like the "majority". I thinks it's just insecurities and these people just have to be different and want everyone "who they don't know" to know how they are so different.

I am sure people consistently stick with Mathews for the same reasons others may stay true to PSE or any other manufacturer....it appeals to them! Companies don't radically redesign a bow for that reason..to retain previous customers. Mathews just appeals to a majority. Check the polls and who really cares.

Yes I am bored and have a few minutes to kill that's why I am typing this and yes I am a "Mathews Fanboy" that's why I bought the bow.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
There is that rabid sect out there for sure.
They jump on every thread pushing the brand and never seems to be a little open minded that there might be something else out there to shoot. Some folks own them but aren't like that some folks own them and are like that ... Fanboys. You know it when you see one.

Heck I own one but I call it like I see it .. It's just a bow and it's OK in fact maybe a little better than that but there are others

·
Registered
272 Posts
Have you ever been to a 3d shoot or just around when the target shooters have an event? Those Hoyt fanboys wear their red like they are living crips vs bloods.

I laugh at any fanboy. I have a bud looking for a new bow so I told him to shoot a particular bow and he said, "I will never shoot one of their bows!". He never has and now says he never will. Huh? Ford vs Chevy I guess.

To be honest with you,I dont care if you shoot a Mathews as long as you dont wear all the Mathews parafanalia and look like a walking billboard and dont buy too many of those color coordinated doo-ma-flickies.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yes, thats true. They would have to give me 2 new bows a year of my choice and pay for gas ,hotel arrows and eats to 3D shoots before I would even think of looking like a

·
Registered
272 Posts
to each their own . i happen to like mathews but i am not going to say there is not a better bow out there
It's one thing to pick a brand you like and have brand loyalty. It's another to be a troll on the forums (not saying you but there are many on these forums) that goes thread hopping just to put down other folks bows. Yeah yeah, get thick skinned and all that but in response I say be mature as well.

Your bow is junk my bow rules! ;)

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
This will never change. They need a "fanboy" rehab reality show with dr. drew on the outdoor channel..:D Wonder how the ratings would be??;)

·
Bone Collector
5,437 Posts
I really like Mathews but I also like Hoyt. So i'm, a Moyt fanboy.:D

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
If a bow is "just a bow", why are there so many different kinds ??

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Me

I get tired of reading it here, not so much hearing it. My first bow was a Martin. I got a good deal on a Mathews from the Martin dealer and I am not looking back. The Mathews shoot good for me. Personal preference. Everyone has different tastes.

·
Bonehunter
8,846 Posts
I like Hoyt and Bowtech .... I'm a HoBo :D

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I just get sick of all the trash talk, PERIOD!!!

How cares what you shoot, I'm out to have fun, and meet guy's that want to have fun also.

I like Hoyt,Elite,Athens,Bowtech

So that makes me a 'HEAB" :pukey:

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
It doesn't matter to me. I like my bow. Oh look FRANK is in here! He is the one who determines the people that fanboys. Judge and jury right there!

C'mon Frank you know your waiting for the perfect comment to pounce on. Maybe its a classic "Mathews steals everyone's technology" or "Your only paying for the celebrities pushing it" or "Where did they put a dampener this time?" lol. Whatcha got?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts