Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a Mathews Heli-m or Z7 extreme. I go shoot them tomorrow. Just looking for opinions on which bow is better. Not really concerned with speed. Like a comfortable bow that doesn't take off on you. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks for any help that can be given

·
Registered
905 Posts
Shot the heli today nice bow, great back wall, pulls pretty even through draw cycle, did not take off any for me. I liked it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I just can't get used to bows that small. I shot the Z7 a couple years ago and hated the feel of it. I need at least 36" ATA to keep it from feeling like a toy

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am the opposite and like the shorter bows.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tapout155 what made you switch???

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
To be honest i have owned a bow by every company besides mathews so i got a chance to shoot one of the xtremes the other day and thought it was a very nice bow with a smooth draw, and the only dealer in town only deals in Bowtech and Mathews and i have owned a couple of Bowtechs but i just plain dont trust the company themselves so i figured i should go ahead and order the Mathews. Another thing i like is the huge dealer network. If i ever have a problem or need any thing i know one isnt far away.

·
Registered
271 Posts
all depends on what you are looking for, and your stature. I own both, xtreme shoots well, but i feel its too short. Bit of inconsitency, string angle is too steep and hard to get a good anchor on. Now, the Heli m to my likings is a dream. Its a little longer which is nice, the weight is incredible and the cam stop is the best thing mathews has done in years. my opinion, its the best bow they have made since the switchback. Go with what feels best, thats the best way to decide what to buy, even if its a cheap diamond.....if your comfortable it will make you shoot better

·
Registered
789 Posts
I shot both side by side the other day, and I still liked the xtreme better. The only advantage the helium had was the lightweight. I personally liked the way the xtreme felt over the helium.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
40 mins south of Springfield Illinois. Thanks for the info. I am going to shoot them all before I order.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I has the same dilema last week I shot both and ended up getting the z. It just felt right and comfortable

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,999 Posts
I shooting a Helim and enjoying it. I can't find a negative to assign to it yet. The light weight is incredible and once you add accessories it takes away the little bit of jump that was there bare. Smooth, well balanced, nice wall, quiet and accurate.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Can't really make a bad choice here the whole z line is sweet IMO

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info. Can't wait to shoot them tomorrow.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My z7x is smooth as butter and super quiet. No vibration or kick back at all. It allows me to be super consistent with my shots.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i am not a matthews guy, i shot both the z7 extreme and the helium. I hated the z7 extreme and loved the helium. I loved it so much i almost bought it. IMO the helium is one of the top 2 bows this year

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've never shot the Z7 extreme but i just finished trimming out my Heli-m so light, quiet, smooth, sturdy wall... and accurate at hell....cant speak on the z but the Heli-m is a great rig.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts