Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just bought a new Helim and noticed a kick in his arrow flight.He found out the blazer vanes were hitting the cables.He call the pro shop up and he told him there have been several complaints about the same problem.Anybody here heard about this.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i have 2 of them...no issues. but have seen people write about it. Turn the cock vane counter clockwise, that will give some more clearance

·
Strokin's my game!
994 Posts
Haven't heard anything about this. However if they are setting the rest too close to the riser it could do this.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I heard first shipment had a slightly longer rod on the cable guard allowing it to flex into the path enough to make some fletching contact. Mathews shortened up the rod a touch and problem gone

Right, wrong, I dunno, just recall reading that somewhere

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I have to put the cock vane between 1 and 2 o'clock on mine and now I have no problems.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Gotta be smarter than your vanes...

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I just got a helim that was shipped last week and they seemed to have corrected this problem. No problems with my Blazers. Its still close but they clear.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Just got HeliM, I heard of the problem and it was one of the first things I checked out even though I am shooting 3" Fusions. I see about 3/16" clearance which would be fine but I still went cock feather 90 degrees (straight left for a right handed shooter) and know for sure there will be zero issues. Paper tuned it last night, bullet holes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts