Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i am pretty new to bow hunting and have a few questions about getting a new HTR and any recommendations you may have to help me set it up correctly. I currently have a totally lost Creed and although it is a nice bow its backwall is not what i am looking for. I have been looking at the Elite bows and the HTR. i think i have decided to stay with mathews but would like to know what is best for a 70#/29DL as far as arrow weight/spine. I don't need the fastest bow on the market but would like to shoot as fast as possible without sacrificing accuracy. Also, i have heard people talk about "stabs" but have no idea what that means (prob something simple and i sound dumb for asking). Anyway if anyone has any insight for me i would greatly appreciate.

Thanks and good luck hunting

·
Registered
106 Posts
The HTR is an excellent bow, but by no means can you consider it a speed bow. I love my creed but don't feel the need to have two bows right now with a ton of things still on my want list. STABs would be short for stabilizer most likely.

The HTR design is amazing and simplistic. The way the cams/strings/geometry were designed by mathews, there is no reason for the nock position to ever change. My dealer leveled my rest to my bow and I shot it through paper with a perfect bullet hole the first time. I have never seen that before with one of my bows. The bow tuned perfect first shot. Its a great bow for me, shoot it and maybe it will be a great bow for you!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
In my opinion bows with Rock mods, The Helium, and the Creed have similar back wall.. Meaning rock solid and NO spung. I felt the HTR is the same. So I am not sure how you expect the back wall to be different. Are you talking about the Valley? If you want your Creed to have a better Valley put the small draw stop on instead of the fat one that it comes with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts