Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was looking at the new Mathews Jewel. She currently has the passion, but I was just wondering if she would gain any speed. Her passion is shooting a 353gr arrow 261fps at 55# and 26.5". Speed ratings show the Jewel to be faster but I would like Real #'s please??

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Well I'm not sure how well our numbers will compare because my DL is 25" and DW is 50lb. I don't care much about speed but the pro shop was curious as well. It shot my 404g hunting arrows at 216fps. And lightweight arrows (can't remember exactly but think they were around 300g) at 244fps. Like I said, I don't really get into the speed thing for hunting, but its a HECK of a lot faster than the Menace I had been shooting. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I know it won't hit the IBO speed they are posting for it, you might gain a few fps over the Passion but not enough to really jump up and down about

·
Registered
252 Posts
Depends on what type of rest you have on the bow. My wife just got hers in and with the down force rest with a 400gr arrow that was 2-3" too long for her she was in the high 240's low 250's @ 50lbs and 25" draw but I look to get at least 255-260fps with her bow tuned and shooting the correct arrow.

·
Registered
12,192 Posts
If she likes her Passion, tell her to keep it, my wife did (actually bought another one). Mathews advertises the Jewel @ 325fps out of a 29/60 bow & the Passion @ up to 325fps out of a 29/70 bow. I know my wife can't shoot a bow of those specs, I don't know about your's.

& my wife showed me up by shooting a nice Iowa 11 pt. with her 40 lb. Passion (IMO, it is all about shot placement, not speed).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts