Archery Talk Forum banner

Mathews LD ???

711 Views 18 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  duckmaster46975
My friend is going to buy a new bow and he had tried a few Mathews(which he already shoots) and Hoyt bows. For him personally he likes the feel of the Mathews better than other bows. The guy at the bow shop he goes to recommended that he get the LD with his draw length(29.5). I told him that I would ask you guys out here what you thought both about the LD itself and whether or not you guys think that this model is a good choice for him.

Thanks
-Josh
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
5,479 Posts
The DLD is a great bow and one of the nicest Mathews has come out with in awhile.

I would shoot that as well as an S2. The S2 is 33' ATA and might suit him real well.

· Registered
5,628 Posts
My friend is going to buy a new bow and he had tried a few Mathews(which he already shoots) and Hoyt bows. For him personally he likes the feel of the Mathews better than other bows. The guy at the bow shop he goes to recommended that he get the LD with his draw length(29.5). I told him that I would ask you guys out here what you thought both about the LD itself and whether or not you guys think that this model is a good choice for him.

Thanks
-Josh
Dren LD is a great bow.

Whats he going to do with it? Hunt, 3d or both??

LD is very smooth, and really draws and holds well for me. I used mine for 3d this year. Some guys like it for 3d, and some don't because of the reflex riser.

If its for hunting, tell him to check out the Prestige as well. That bow has quite a bit more speed than the LD.

· Registered
583 Posts
I shoot a 29.5" Dren LD, and I think its the best bow I've ever put in my hands. It does everything, hunting, 3D, spots, field... its quiet, fast, stable, light, and nearly completely shock free.
Liked the first one I got so much, I ordered 2 more.:tongue:

· Registered
19,079 Posts
I love the DLD just make sure of the draw. I am 30" amo draw and my LD with 30" cam is about 30 3/16" AMO, and a tad long for me with everything in spec. I got a 29.5" cam coming for mine, and it should be rock solid once I install it. With the jager custom grip that should be me right at 30" amo to get me spot on. I personally like the 65% cam. The bow is quiet, plenty fast, and draw is super smooth with no humps.

· Registered
5,628 Posts
Just a reminder that the Prestige only goes to 29" draw.:wink:
Correct, but with the grip being integral, part of the riser, 29" may work for him.
Besides, don't you know everybody's at least 1/2" too long on draw?? :wink:

They say 29.5" is 29.5" on each bow, but we know better.
I would say be sure and hold a bow your considering buying, and shoot it as well to make sure its what you want.

Good luck.

· Registered
5,628 Posts
I shoot a 29.5" Dren LD, and I think its the best bow I've ever put in my hands. It does everything, hunting, 3D, spots, field... its quiet, fast, stable, light, and nearly completely shock free.
Liked the first one I got so much, I ordered 2 more.:tongue:
Do you shoot 3d and indoors? If so, how heavy do you have your LD set up?

I'm beginning to think i had mine set up too light for 3d this year.
I run as long a stab as i could and set it up with v bars, but it was still too light now that i look back on it.

I'm considering going to the Apex 7 and setting it up around 9 or 10 lbs. :eek:

· I am the Tin Man!
2,985 Posts
The Dren LD is by far the best bow I have ever shot. I have owned about 12 different bows in the last 5 years and have shot dozens by every manufacturer out there and love the DLD.

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys! I will pass on the info. He will be using it for both hunting and 3D. We both use are hunting bows for 3D because we use the 3D shoots to prepare for hunting.

-josh

· Registered
277 Posts
Hey guys I'm the friend looking at picking myself up a new bow. I'm currently shooting a Matthews Conquest LT. Not sure how old it it I figure its probably 10 yrs old, I bought it used and I'm looking to upgrade the one of the newer Matthews.
How does the DLD compare to the DXT?? Is the DXT less forgiving?
Thanks for all the great info!

· Registered
6,288 Posts
I love my DLD. I had the Drenalin before and loved it too, but the DLD is much more comfy for me, and I only have a 28.5" DL, but I shoot a 27.5" cam, because they do run a tad long.

· Registered
5,628 Posts
Hey guys I'm the friend looking at picking myself up a new bow. I'm currently shooting a Matthews Conquest LT. Not sure how old it it I figure its probably 10 yrs old, I bought it used and I'm looking to upgrade the one of the newer Matthews.
How does the DLD compare to the DXT?? Is the DXT less forgiving?
Thanks for all the great info!
Dren LD will out shoot the DXT in most cases, and is every bit as forgiving.
LD is about 7 inches longer.
Depends on where you hunt and what you need in a bow.
I don't think you'll be disappointed in either one.

Check em out, heres a link with all the info.....http://mathewsinc.com/
Go to the upper left corner and click on Mathews Bows.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.