Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering taking the grip off my Legacy, anyone currently or previously shot a Mathews Legacy off the riser and how did it work?

I just don't like the fat grip thats on it and prefer a much thinner grip.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just did the same thing. Im waiting for my tourqeless grip to come in but shot it with nothing and it was fine. Tad bit longer DL though.

·
Unregistered User
1,742 Posts
I shot my Conquest 3 off the riser for a long time. I now shoot a Hicks Pro grip. It feels thinner than the riser.

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
I'm considering taking the grip off my Legacy, anyone currently or previously shot a Mathews Legacy off the riser and how did it work?

I just don't like the fat grip thats on it and prefer a much thinner grip.
It's interesting .. I'm not sure if anybody likes those grips .. You'd think somebody in Sparta would catch on .. and make a thin option ...

I'm sure it will work ... I'm shooting my Katera like that but I added a piece of leather to the riser... Just what does that fat grip do but induce torque? ... I'll never understand

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I shoot a 2002 Legacy. I have a Torqueless Grip and it is much better than the stock handle. Low wrist model with comp. nose. Cocobolo wood. Its a piece of art work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts