Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help/advice. I'm considering buying a 2 or 3 year old Mathew's Legacy bow. I already have a 3 year old MQ1 which I really like and shoot fairly well. I've heard a lot of good things about the Legacy as far as a hunting bow, but my dilemma is, is it that much better of a bow than my MQ1? I know there's some features on it that I don't currently have but do they really matter? The one thing that bothers me is it's only a 60# bow while my MQ1 is currently shooting 63#. My current setup on the MQ1 gets me about 260 fps. Will I get the same speed out of the Legacy that I have on my MQ1? Thanks for the replys. :confused:

· Registered
4,529 Posts
I recently faced the same dilemma.

A friend of mine bought an MQ1 a few months ago and it is a very nice bow for a used one and i thought about buying one of those too but I really wanted one with the dampeners, string surpressors,new camo,etc.

That is why I got a legacy. Same brace height, more features, newer camo and only 2-3" shorter axle to axle.

The only real difference is the letoff. The Mq1 has 80% available and the legacy only has 70%.

Cant go wrong either way.

rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.