Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other LX shooters please reply. I bought my LX used off a guy about 3 months ago. I just had the chance to shoot through a Chrono. I am averaging 264 fps. It is bottomed out and should be pulling 70 lbs. I am shooting 31" Easton FMJ's and 100 grain tips total arrow weight is about 444 grains. I thought with that heavy of an arrow that it would slow it down some but not that much(Is this a normal speed for an LX?) Any others getting similar speeds out of their LX. If not how can I get more speed with out switching arrows. Also, how can I figure my kenitic energy???? Thanks to all who reply. Also is that a good spees for that heavey of an arrow???

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I bought a used LX a couple of months ago and am getting a consistent 271 fps on my Beta Master Chrony. My draw lenght is 28", bow is maxed out at 61 lbs. and I am shooting a 391 grain arrow. I also have Vapor Trail strings and the bow is dead on in spec.

You didn't say what your draw length is so it makes it tough to know if you are getting the right speeds. You can figure your KE out at http://www.bowjackson.com

·
Registered
827 Posts
My 2003 LX is 29" draw, maxed out at 66#, 434 grain arrow, 269 fps.
Mathews just replaced the lower limb after it split during a practice session at full draw. Shooting a winner's choice string.

Scary accurate, busting knocks, and looking forward to the NY state season opening in a few weeks! :confused: PLenty of KE. I've taken a number of deer, boar, and turkeys with that setup.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I was around an LX shooting a very similar set up..

30"
70 lb.
430 grain arrow

and he was getting 270 fps on the head. Take in to account the extra 14 grains of weight you have and it seems to be about right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts