Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give any info on the LX's performance. I want good and bad feedbnack so I can decide if I want to buy one or not.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I am hearing rumors of splitting limbs and Mathews only replacing one limb at a time. Not a good sign!

On the flip side, they are great shooters. Not quite as smooth as the Legacy, but still very smooth, fast and not as touchy as a normal low brace height bow. Overall great reviews from owners. Some people do prefer their Legacy over the LX. I personally like the LX better. You need to draw your own opinions as always.

I was going to buy one until I heard about the limb problems. I guess I will wait until the 2004 line and keep my Q2 & Q2XL for now.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Great bow!!! Plenty of speed, nice valley @ 80%-not quite so nice @65% tho. So far I'd say it is an improvement from the Legacy for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love my LX. Everyone I shoot with is completely jelous. I dont have any hard facts but it feels more "powerful" than my old Q2

·
Registered
621 Posts
LX

I can truly say that the LX is the most amazing bow that I have ever shot. I shot mine extensively all summer and am quite mystified as to any complaints. Mine has performed flawlessly. Overall it is the best performing bow I have ever shot. The speed is awesome and as advertised. It is quiet and smooth and shockfree. I have now put my hunting set-up together and I have never had broadheads fly better out of any bow. Whitetails all over Pa are in fear and trembling right now. Shooting this bow is just plain fun. It almost shoots itself. Good luck with your decision.:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an LX. I have also split a limb on it. Actually it splintered on the corner of the bottom limb right where the "V-lock" starts.

I immediately took mine to the pro shop that I bought it at and they replaced BOTH limbs right then so I cant complain about service. I was extremely digusted but hopefully it was just a fluke limb.

As far as how it shoots. I have been really impressed with how forgiving it is considering the horsepower it generates. It, like all Mathews, is grip sensitive but that always been my only complaint with Mathews and I have owned several.

I can honestly say that I shoot better with it than any other bow I've owned. Q2 is a close 2nd.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Best of the Mathews I have. Have to add that where I am now the choice is either Mathews or Hoyt. No other active dealers around.

LX
Icon
Ultra 2

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I shot the Legacy, LX and Razortec this past weekend. I really wanted an excuse to buy a Mathews. I have never owned one and figured it was about time!!

After shooting them, there is no way I could justify either of the Mathews over the Razortec, (actually I would get an Ultratec). The Mathews are great bows and fast, high quality(I love the design), but the Hoyt felt so smooth in comparison, and was more quiet. I'm not 100% done searching, but it is going to take one hell of a bow to turn me away from another Hoyt.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I have a LX set up to hunt with. And I love it! It is the most accurate short axle to axle and short brace height bow that I have ever shot. I seen several people on the ASA pro-am tour this year shooting shooting them in competition this year. Mine is shooting 278fps with a 410grn arrow at 28" draw on 68lb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will admit that as far as a bare bow with no components on it the LX has quite a bit of handshock and is louder than any other Mathews I've owned but once I put limb savers and a trophy ridge Xchanger it is nearly as quiet. As a matter of fact, its extremely quiet considering its shooting 294fps through a whisker biscuit.

The razortec was extremely smooth but I cant stand that tec riser and grip personally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts