Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting a Mathews Conquest Light ( I think It was the first year the Conquest line came out but not sure...it was about 5-6 years ago it think). I am pretty much self taught , which means my form has always been pretty scewed up. I finally shot with an accomplished tournament shooter and he pointed out that my main problem was my draw length is too long an sugessted going to a Mini Max cam. This bow is set as short as it can be set but I would like to get another inch shorter. Any thoughts from you guys would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
About a month ago I had the opportunity to shoot a bow with the mini max system on it and that following week I went out and bought a bow with that system. I'm the kind of person who could care less what manufacturer makes what and how many they sell. My concern is how it feels when you shoot it. I am thoroughly impressed with the mini max system and would recommend you try it.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Minimax is for anyone 29 inches or shorter... I switched to it and am really pleased!

·
Registered
575 Posts
C++ ...... what happens to the performance of the Minimax Cam if your draw weight is over 29" ? Have several Rival Pros which have given me my best scores (draw length of 27.5") and love the Minimax Cam. I was even toying with the idea of buying a Conquest 3 and installing a Minimax Cam on it. My friend who is a National Archer here in the Philippines shot a 1374 FITA with the Rival Pro with the Minimax cam, and he has a 30" draw length. But we'd certainly like to know its limitations on draws over 29". Thanks.

·
ArcheryLessonsOnline.com
2,013 Posts
limitations

I think he ment physical limitations per the bow the the cam is used on. I think that the Mini will only go 29" on a Conquest 3, and 30" on a rival. Could be wrong about that.

Adam G

·
Registered
575 Posts
Adam . . . you're right. On the discontinued Rival Pro, you could go up tp 30" draw length. On the old Conquest 2 and the new Conquest 3, the Mathews 2002 Owner's manual and 2003 Catalog lists maximum draw length for the Minimax Cam at 29".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts