Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear from Monster owners and your take on it for hunting?

·
roll tide roll!
3,652 Posts
im trying to gather all the info on the monster myself.... ive been around bows a very long time now and on this site, while i admit i dont know anything about the monster i ordered one and its in so i gotta go get it... but after shooting the shop demo and got a feel for it it's my opinion that it will be a fine setup for hunting.... just not sure if im gonna keep it for hunting or not! who knows i may never take it out of the box and trade it off for something else..... nice bow though

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not sure what else you would use it for? You can hit the speed limit for 3-D with much slower, and what would be considered more foregiving bows.

·
Registered
51,169 Posts
My exact thoughts what else would you use it for it's a hunting bow-----first clue it comes in camo. LOL:D Silly question.:)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Camo

Just because a bow is offered in camo doesn't necessarily mean that it's intended purpose is to be a hunting bow, Dale. ;) My Monster that is on order is an all black one and will be designated as my 3-D bow and all-around shooter bow.
What I'd like to know is how many Monster owners are planning to hunt with theirs and how do you think it will perform as a hunting bow? Or have the majority bought one for 3-D (like I did)?

·
Registered
566 Posts
when i get mine in its purpose will be hunting and very little 3dl. i think that it will be a great bow to throw some heavy shafts and get some killer KE.

·
Registered
51,169 Posts
I would say 99% are hunters-------as far as 3D the whole purpose of 3D is a primer for hunting, it just has turned into target venue for a few people.:D But back to your question it is intended to be a hunting bow first.;)

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
when i get mine in its purpose will be hunting and very little 3dl. i think that it will be a great bow to throw some heavy shafts and get some killer KE.
That will help make it more forgiving as well. Id shoot it at about 64#'s with a 500gr. arrow... Pass thrus every time:D

Derek

1 - 8 of 8 Posts