Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked into my local shop the other day after the Monster had been there for about a week and there had been quite a few people shoot it and i asked "So, how many orders do you have for baby?". He looked at me and said "none". "None?". He told me he didnt think anyone would want to buy it. He said that a LOT of people wanted to see it and shoot it but said that it wasnt enough for a lot of people to want one. Now, i know there will be people who buy it but i thought that it would have orders off the shelf just because of brand loyalty and hype alone. Has this been the case with everywhere else? Im sure the longer its out more people will want it but i kinda thought the 4 month excitement would have orders have flying off the shelf. For the record, I wrote a positive review on the monster before i get called a "basher". I dont have a dog in this fight. Not a PSE or a MATHEWS.

· Classifieds Administrator
39,736 Posts
Well, you do have to think how the economy is doing. Lots of people without jobs right now.:pukey:
I agree, tough times folks, paying the light bill and putting food on the table is the main goal for most people now.

New bows are probably on the back burner for now.

· Registered
715 Posts
I sold one to the first guy who shot it and he paid in full up front. Second guy who shot it put down a deposit for one also. Don't know how many have been ordered since, guess I'll find out tmw when I go back to work. I think they are going to sell fairly well.

· Registered
3,962 Posts
What ever happend to them supposedly bringing a bunch back a few weeks ago?
he was told awhile back that he would be able to bring his order home at the workshop...he didnt know he was just getting the demo until he got there...he said something about how he is supposed to be getting more next week...he also told that guy to post up on at that he had 100 comin to get people riled up as a joke and the guy misunderstood...he corrected himself too:thumbs_up

· Registered
3,469 Posts
not to mention alot of people around here are fed up with strictly
Hey Panick we need to get together some time over at Strictly. I will not buy anything from them but I do love their indoor range. I think Jeff lives a little father south if I remember correctly. No offense Jeff if you are up this way let's shoot.

· Registered
6,291 Posts
Hey Panick we need to get together some time over at Strictly. I will not buy anything from them but I do love their indoor range. I think Jeff lives a little father south if I remember correctly. No offense Jeff if you are up this way let's shoot.
I live about 13 miles from Strictly. Why won't anyone buy anything from them, just out of curiosity..? I bought my Drenalin there 2 years ago, probably won't buy another from them because their prices are too high, and they won't come down at all off their insane prices!:eek:

· Registered
3,683 Posts
economic times

i really believe a lot of people are taking a wait and see approach. many people aren't sure if they will have a job in a few months and want to keep their money in case they're unemployed. also this bow is designed very radically and people probably wonder about it's durability.still fresh in people's minds, it wans't that long ago that the bowtech limbs started exploding after many were sold and that happened with a very well respected quality manufacturer. what's to say that this bow won't have some major uses after some extensive use? in better times people are more willing to gamble on a product. now it's different. bowtech took care of the problem but i think many people don't want THAT hassle. and the price tag has to be close to an all time high for any hunting bow and that bothers consumers in times of prosperity.

plus, and i think this is BIG. probabaly a good number of bow buyers are waiting to see how the monster compares to the XLR8. if i was looking into buying one of the fastest bows ever at a high price(which i wish i sould) i definitely would be patient and wait when it looks like the "fastes ever" will soon be available.

· Vendor
36,893 Posts
I suspect that some are still waiting to see the XLR8.

It is going to be faster, and that is improtant so some.
Shot one last night and there is NO WAY they will get me to shoot the 5" brace height one.

· Vendor
36,893 Posts
You shot the XLR8?
No, the 6" Brace Height Monster. It's not nearly as wild as I was anticipating with the IBO rating, but I sure as heck would not go any lower in brace than the 6"; not crazy about the 6" either.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.