Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Elite Victory 37
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Just picked up a Monster MR6. Really like the feel and the draw cycle. It’s currently 28DL. I’ve traditionally drawn 27.5-28. The bow feels a little long to me and I’ve read that Mathews tend to draw 1/2” over specs. So that makes this bow 28 1/2” DL. If that’s the case should I get a 27” mod to shave off an inch or just get my DL mod at 27.5”? What’s your experience with Mathews and especially the MR series?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,411 Posts
27.5 should be fine as long as you have the limbs turned in to max poundage.
If you have them backed out 5-10 lbs worth, then get the 27"

·
Registered
Elite Victory 37
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I have them turned about a 1/2 turn out from full. I wanted to shoot at 70# but it was a little heavy. That being said if the draw was correct, maybe the 70 would be fine to pull because I wouldn’t be overdrawn and extended?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Elite Victory 37
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also does changing mods necessitate re-tuning the bow entirely?

·
Registered
430 Posts
My MR7 draws 1/2 inch more than it advertises.
29 "= 29.5" real.

·
Registered
Elite Victory 37
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Will changing mods require retiming or adjusting center shot? or just adjusting the sight?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Thanks. Will changing mods require retiming or adjusting center shot? or just adjusting the sight?

My experience is that a mod change won't affect timing or centershot, but your sight marks will always change by some amount when adjusting draw length - at the very least your peep sight will have raised up from the change in string angle at full draw, so I'd guess you'll find a 1/2" shorter makes you shoot a little higher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts