Archery Talk Forum banner

561 - 563 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I'll tell you why I hate this bow ... I tried one out today at a local shop just for kicks and almost dropped the coin on the spot. Now I'm trying to give it a couple of days to think it over and instead, worrying if they will sell out before I make up my mind. They're on 8 week delivery before more will be available.

It is really quiet and really steady. Very nice to shoot. Even bare bow with no sight, stabilizer, or anything else, it just sits there in your hand after the shot. The draw is different, but very comfortable and the release is smooth. Oh and did I say quiet? Stealth-quiet.

No jumping the string with this bow.
That's is kind of what happend to me. Went to the shop to shoot the new bows and couldn't put the htr down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I got to page 9 of this thread before I actually registered to reply.

I am basically a new to the archery scene. Up until Aug of 2013, I hadn't owned a bow since 1995. A lot has changed since then. My wife purchased me a bowtech assassin for my first bow. I couldn't have been happier just to return to the sport again and thought my bow was pretty quiet and accurate. It was plenty accurate however it wasn't that quiet of a bow. Had a deer jump the string on me this year...grrr.

We were in our favorite sporting goods store the other day and I was browsing the bows. No intentions of trying anything out. I just like to look...Anyway my wife wanders over and asks the sales lady what was the quietest bow they had for sale. She asked if I was brand loyal to the Bowtech...nope sure not....whatcha got? She said I should try the Mathews HTR. Never heard of it till that day...Sure I'll shoot it....

Well after shooting a few arrows in the range I was sold. This thing was so smooth and QUIET. Bought one on the spot.

I know I don't have all the knowledge on all the bows being produced right now apparently like everyone else on this sight, but I do know what feels right for ME. I don't need the FASTEST bow out there. I know accuracy and quietness will kill just as deadly.

561 - 563 of 563 Posts