Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was doing some searching on google, and I found this on a mathews forum.....Anybody know anything about the patents listed or the picture? I know that menace, us-1 and us-2 are probably for the mission lineup....but how about the rest of it?

"if you go to the US GOV"T Patent Database you will find the new info on their bows.
Some very interesting names listed for patents.

example: Menace, MonsterFreak, Monster xlr8, Advanced Vectoring System, New Cams (mc1 & mc2), ux-1 and ux-2 (probably mission bows), Reezen, String mushroom, String Grub, Innercam,

If you do some digging all the bow manufacturers have their new stuff listed. It takes some time"

http://forums.mathewsinc.com/viewto...start=50&sid=d42560ddba2c54e7767f3f5a34ae4d6a

·
Registered
457 Posts
They're not really patents, but trademarked names. They're names of the new products that are in development for the company......

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Maybe they just buy up patents and trademarks on outrageous sounding names to keep the competition guessing.......

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
I've said it once and I'll say it again, '09 is going to be a HUGE year for Mathews and while everyone loves mocking the "Catch Us If You Can" slogan their new line of bows is going to remind everyone of why they chose that slogan in the first place :wink:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
i doubt it... with a solocam. they won't beat Pearson R2B2 cams at 361

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Betcha my "slow bow" with me shooting it is more accurate than your speed of light bow. Oh wait your mothers calling you guess we gotta play later :rolleyes:

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've said it once and I'll say it again, '09 is going to be a HUGE year for Mathews and while everyone loves mocking the "Catch Us If You Can" slogan their new line of bows is going to remind everyone of why they chose that slogan in the first place :wink:
Not to knock Mathews cause I own one of their finest.
But you know this how??

·
Registered
850 Posts
Not to knock Mathews cause I own one of their finest.
But you know this Howwww??

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've heard from a credible source that they will introduce a bow this year that will be close to 400 ft/s IBO.:eek: It's hard to believe but I guess we will know soon enough.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
361 fps means it draws like a mule and despite what anyone wants to say there is no such thing as a free lunch and no bow company can defy physics. That speed has to come from somewhere and I can assure you it's not through a soft cam with a smooth draw cycle. Gotta love the poor souls that simply think faster is better. Not everyone cares about speed :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
I've heard from a credible source that they will introduce a bow this year that will be close to 400 ft/s IBO.:eek: It's hard to believe but I guess we will know soon enough.
If that happens I'll take 2!!! I love mathews bows for there ease of use and shootablility, if I want speed I pick up my X. If they were to go after the speed market I hope they don't screw with the smoothness and accuracy of what they have now. I really don't look for it to happen but what do I know

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Originally Posted by kboss
i've heard from a credible source that they will introduce a bow this year that will be close to 400 ft/s ibo. It's hard to believe but i guess we will know soon enough.

I haven't heard anything about 400 fps lol, BUT, they do have the technology for a very fast solocam right in front of your eyes in those patents. It's just a matter of them tweaking it for release which may or may not be this fall.

Not to worry though, their bow that will do 330 fps will hold enough guys over until next fall if that's when the speed bow is released.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmm...

400 FPS!!! With a solocam? That's pretty hard to believe, even from Mathews. However, I do believe you when you say there new bow is going to revolutionize the way people think about archery, and Mathews especially. I don't care so much about speed, but rather I want a bow that I can shoot with confidence no matter what the situation (within reason, I'm not planning on any long shots as I am a firm believer in Murphy's Law) And from what I hear, Mathews is the way to go, so I am patiently waiting to see what they have coming out, because if it is what the rumors are saying (especially KBoss) I think I might just have to buy it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts