Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set-up: Prestige, 28" dl, 60 lbs.
Maixima hunter 250 cut 28"
Rest, bodoodle (pro) or trap door fall away (same results)
string loop
Broad head, Shwacker (100 gr.)

Been shooting this bow for several years and really like it. Shot my best 3D scores with it. The problem is that my broadheads shoot left of my field points (6" @ 40yds). The bow is in specs and I have walked back tuned, points. Shot through paper a few times and tear right. Started shooting a bare shaft into my block and always impacted nock right with either rest mentioned above. Same results outside at 20 yds, nock right causing arrow to plane left compared to arrow with fletchings. So I started torquing the bow on purpose, I could get the bare shaft to fly straight and impact with fletched arrow or if I torqued to much bare shaft would impact right with nock left of point. Hard to torque consistently. Also I've tried different weight points thinking it might be a spine issue and got same results with 70, 100. 125 gr. points. Driving me crazy. The best advice I've gotten is as long as broadheads look good out of bow and are shooting good groups sight in and go hunt, but I guess I'm a little hard headed.

Can anybody give help me with suggestions.

I'm not computer savy, I'll try but if I don't respond to any questions please don't hold it against me.
Took me a long time just for this post.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Have you tried moving your rest in a little? Or check the idler wheel lean at full draw. I had to add 2 twist to my right side yoke cable this evening while fine tuning.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I moved the rest to get the least amount of nock right, but it was always nock right no matter what. ended up setting the rest approx. 3/4" from riser. Did not check cam lean and not exactly sure how to check. Please tell me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i got two of them,one of them does exactly what u are talking about.I can put one finger on the riser and torque it and it will shoot a bullet hole every time.Sent it to mathews and they put new limbs on it and said it was out of spec"which it wasnt plus I had swapped limbs before already"Same exact thing when I got it back.It will tune but so far to the outside that a mathews rest will not adjust that far.If yours is close u can work with the yolk and move it in a little.Iam gonna send it back again I think its the riser.On mine it dosent matter what arrow or what rest you use,always the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts