Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Feedback- storyteller_usa
14,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one of these New bows ?? How do like it?? Pros and cons welcomed..
Looking at getting one for next year..:) :) :)

·
74,535 Posts
Many in my area love them

Not for me. I wouldnt trade my Apex7 for one.

But my shooting buddies love the extra speed.

·
Feedback- storyteller_usa
14,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daniel Boone said:
Not for me. I wouldnt trade my Apex7 for one.

But my shooting buddies love the extra speed.
I know that Art has one of the Prestige and he shoots it well. I wish I would have never SOLD the Apex 7 that I bought..
Just looking for a New one for the upcoming 3-d season. ASA Pro-Am in Paris,Tx.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I bought one 3 weeks ago and love it. Very fast, very smooth bow and handsome to boot.

I haven't come across any problems at this stage so I have nothing but good things to say about it.:)

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've had mine for a month now and love it. I was sceptacle at first because of the brace height and my draw length (29") but it's really suprised me. I shot a Apex7 all year and loved it but I've been wanting to lower my poundage to 60 and not lose any performance and the Prestige is the answer.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
prestige

I got a prestige way back in late April ,and shot it for a while .I was getting good speed with it (296fps at 27" draw length at 5 grains per pound). I ended up trading it for an apex 7 and liked the apex 7 way more than the prestige. The apex 7 just seemed alot more shootable for guys like me that have less than perfect form . the 6" brace height on the prestige really showed your flaws on longer shots out past 35 yards with alot of unexplained shots that were off the mark. All in all it wasnt a bad bow , just not the bow for me.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The Prestige is a target/hunting bow designed for the short draw shooter. It is a fine bow at any draw length, however, compaired to the A7 everything is smaller. Grip, limbs, riser, its a baby A7. Shoots like a dream, just ask my 11 year old son.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
scott the shot said:
I shot a Apex7 all year and loved it but I've been wanting to lower my poundage to 60 and not lose any performance and the Prestige is the answer.
You wouldn't loose performance with an A7 shooting 60 lbs.

·
Registered
651 Posts
losing 1fps is losing performance.:wink:

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
@ 29" I think you will be ok.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
I have the Prestige in 29" , 60 lbs .
The bow shoots great , the grip is fine , shooting comfort - shock - vibration - noise - everything is great ,its only much slower than advertised :cry:

With a 300 grain arrow at 60 lbs , true peep and string loop , the bow is doing only 304 fps , but ..... will be surely better with the VT that i put on after the end of this outdoor season !

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
There is a local senior class guy here that was shooting PSE for the last couple years, he switched back to the Prestige this year and has been all :) ever since and been kicking some serious booty once again. :thumb:

He loves his.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
442fps said:
I have the Prestige in 29" , 60 lbs .
The bow shoots great , the grip is fine , shooting comfort - shock - vibration - noise - everything is great ,its only much slower than advertised :cry:

With a 300 grain arrow at 60 lbs , true peep and string loop , the bow is doing only 304 fps , but ..... will be surely better with the VT that i put on after the end of this outdoor season !
IMO, a new string and cable won't make your bow faster, tuning it will.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Chequamegon

IMO, a new string and cable won't make your bow faster, tuning it will.
Seems that you dont know much about strings and cables from companies like specially Vapor Trail ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Chequamegon said:
That may be true, but I do know how to get the advertised speed out of Mathews.

:eyebrows: :boxing::fencing:

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Chequamegon said:
That may be true, but I do know how to get the advertised speed out of Mathews.
So do I. :wink:

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Push your draw length to 30 and weight to 70 pounds and you will be relatively close. I am shooting 2", 57 pounds and 315 grains at 295 fps so you are losing something somewhere.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Rsw

That is some kind of speed you are getting out of a 2" draw. Probably would go 400+ fps at 29". LOL
Jbird

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I have been thinking about trying it out at 29" which used to be my dl just to see how fast it would be there!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts