Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking at a used Mathews Q2 with 29" draw. What would I have to do to change the draw to 27.5" or 28"? Are their cams adjustable or would I need to change parts?

Any opinions on the Q2 good or bad would be appreciated as well.

Thank you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Putz, you will have to change the cam out, not sure on the price of cam change. I have heard anywhere from $55.00 to $75.00. I'm a Mathew's shooter for 8 yrs. Good friend has one and it's shoots well. good luck with the draw length change. You might check with a Mathew's dealer to see if they have one and if so, maybe swap out on the cam. Another option is ebay, I have seen a few on there also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Change Cam?

Thanks for the info Solocam, I was afraid I might have to do that. I thought I read in a catalogue somewhere that the draw length can be shortened 1" without changing cams. Is there any truth to this?

·
Registered
327 Posts
You can shorten the MaxCam, not the Straightline cam on the Q2. You'll have to change the cam. Check the classified on here, somebody will have one for sale or trade.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about Straightline MaxCam?

Sorry for the novice ?'s. I see Mathew's advertise a Straightline MaxCam. Is this different than a plain Straightline or a plain MaxCam mentioned in the previous post.

Thanks

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,413 Posts
Re: What about Straightline MaxCam?

Putz said:
Sorry for the novice ?'s. I see Mathew's advertise a Straightline MaxCam. Is this different than a plain Straightline or a plain MaxCam mentioned in the previous post.

Thanks
The StraightLine MaxCam2 is different than the StraightLine Max Cam and they are both different than the Max Cam.

The Q2 cam(s) you need are the StraightLine MaxCam2. SLCR2 will give you a Mathews version of 28" and their 27.5" calls for a SLD.5R2

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

EPLC,

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

For a left-hand cam, can I assume the 'R' changes to an 'L'?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yep, you need a SL2CL,

Go to Mathewsinc.com, under library, and download the pdf manual. It has all the cam specs you'll need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts