Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a pawn shop & found a mathews Q2 XL with a case, beat up rest & sight, & the string/cable will need replacing. Price they asked was 399.00. I offered 250.00 & they will accept that.
Is that a good deal for a bow possibly 6 years old??
Should I try & go lower as the sting/cable needs to be replaced??

Just to give you an idea, right Now I shoot a Bear Whitetail 2 @ about 172 fps w/ 29" 2117 Gamegetter 2, 125 gr montec.

·
Colorblind blood trailer
2,566 Posts
That model is one that guys always seemed to love. I've never shot one, but those that have (at least here on AT) speak well of it.

·
74,535 Posts
Im hunting with one this year

Thats a good price and there great bows.

Has the harmonic dampeners. Its a great all around bow for 3d, hunting and indoor.

Its a good upgrade for you for sure.

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
Do it! :thumb:

Get you a good set of strings and cables.

I have a set of WC in the classifieds for that bow for $75, 29" and lower drawlength.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
seen '04's go for less on ebay with good strings, etc.. I bought mine for $400.0 in late '04, new..

Your call. I would check out ebay to see if there are any on there now.

Great bow by the way...

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
the q2xl is a great bow, I shot one for 2 years......

I can't beleive mathews never came back with an updated version of that bow............

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gratitude

Thank for all the help & insight gang. I really appreciate it.

I put some thought into it & my only issue is that it is coming from a pawn shop & I have no clue where the bow has been. I might feel a little more comfortable if at lease a proshop looked it over first or if i found one at a proshop & I would figure at least a proshop would at least look it over before selling it.

Any other thoughts on this??

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Check it out yourself and make sure the limbs arent cracked on it anywhere...Other than that you cant hurt that bow:)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ask them if you could take it to a pro shop and have them look it over.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I would look at some on ebay first you could get one in much better shape for $350-$400.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have one in the classified that is in excellent condition with winners choice strings and cables with about 50 shots on them and top of the line accessories that I would be willing to let go for 500 plus shipping and handling. I am selling it for no other reason than I have to many bows around.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
A buddy of mine bought that same bow last year at a archery shop with everything on it and paid 350 for it. I have a Q2 and paid 350 for it 3 yrs ago with everything on it and it only goes to 60lbs. Other than putting a string on it if everything else looks good on it 250 would be a good deal. Do you have any buddies that shoot a Mathews bow? Or knows about them more if you feel uncomfrontable about the bow? Maybe have a buddy or someone that shoots mathew take a look at it and see what they think.

·
8......is not.....shutup!
1,021 Posts
forget about it, for 250 tell me where it is and I'll come and get it!:)

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
LHpuncher said:
the q2xl is a great bow, I shot one for 2 years......

I can't beleive mathews never came back with an updated version of that bow............

Word! Yet another excellent bow I missed the boat on! I wish Mathews would buy a bow company and release alot of these oldies but goodies under that name.
Didn't they buy yhe McPherson name this year.......?:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts