Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any one follow the production of the q2xl.I understand it was made from 2002-2004.Was there more than 1 cam offered on it and if so would you suggest a specific cam.Any imf.on the bow would be appreciated.I am thinking of picking one up and would like any imf. possable.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I used to shoot a Q2XL and I wish I still had it. The bow shoots great. I am not for sure on the different cam options. The bow was in production from 2000-2004. I would check with Matthews and see what they recommend or go to your local archery shop. I am sure that they have different cam options.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks aggie

I am having a hard time finding the past catalogue that had imf.on it. I know they have a sight with discontinued bows but could not find it of their main website.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
stringshoota said:
I am having a hard time finding the past catalogue that had imf.on it. I know they have a sight with discontinued bows but could not find it of their main website.
Go to the main Matthews website and go to bows. At the top there will be a discounted bow section and click on that. Then scroll down and you will find the Q2XL and click on that and it will bring up the specs.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I picked up a 2004 Q2XL this year and I absolutely love it so far. It shoots awesome and I wont sell it when I buy a new bow. Seems to be very forgiving and fun to shoot....

·
74,535 Posts
Go to Mathews website

stringshoota said:

Go into the library and find the manuels for that year. You will find all the detials for the MQ2XL. I purchased one for hunting this year. I consider this bow one of the best all around bows Mathews has made. My understanding there is only one cam for this bow. I purchased a cam here for mine for $25.00. $40.00 most the time is what they sell for.
DB

·
Registered
896 Posts
Great bow, bought mine new in 2002 and will keep it along with others I have. There is only one cam offered, the SL2---, and is 65% letoff.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Q2xl

We sold tons of them and it is still one of my favorites. There is only one cam option for it, the Straightline Max Cam 2. We did get a brand new 2005 model Q2XL at one time because Mathews had enough parts left over to build us one. Never hurts to ask your dealer to try

·
Registered
824 Posts
Blue_Archer_00 said:
We sold tons of them and it is still one of my favorites. There is only one cam option for it, the Straightline Max Cam 2. We did get a brand new 2005 model Q2XL at one time because Mathews had enough parts left over to build us one. Never hurts to ask your dealer to try
Exactly... I knew a couple of Semi-pro's that put a Mini Max cam system on their Q2XL's and it worked just fine, but Mathews never offered any other cam for it, nor would they tell you to change it to the Mini Max system.

They also were 70% letoff cam's not 65%

I won a ton of money with mine :first: :wink:

Archermike

·
Registered
552 Posts
Iv had the pleasure of owning two of them for several years now!
Just sold one to my little brother to help him get into bow hunting......not sure if I should have givein it up:confused: ......they are a great shooting bow!:wink:
I shoot 3D with the other Q2XL and bought a Switchback to hunt with......the Switchback has got its work cut-out for it as Iv taken alot of game with the old Q2XL,including 2 P&Y class whitetails......hope the Switchback is as good to me!:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
q2xl

This was one of the best Mathews ever IMO.Not sure of the exact years made but pretty sure it was only offered in one cam that was 70% .

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey thanks everybody

All this imf.is very helpful and re asuring I am making the right choice.Thanks for the directions to the website.
Stealthman that is an awsome picture not only the buck but it was taken so I can see a pict.of the bow better than anything ive seen.Thanks for the extra effort to share pic and imf.
Big thanks every body and good luck shooting and hunting this year!!:)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ausome

Now I got a photo contest going with pict.of q2xls and some awful nice game.Big horns on that antelope and nice shot!Thanks:)

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
I am still hunting with my 2001 q2. They were great bows. I get compliments all the time about how the q2 series was one of the best 2 bows of all time.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I kept my Q2XL for 3 whole years. That's a record for me! :eek: :D :wink:

:tongue:

Great bow for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
q2xl

Thanks for keeping the thread going guys I love the imf. and great pictures!:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts